Corsa piston build with throttle bodies

Ooooppss!!!

Corsa piston removal not so easy

50cf3b01072b85f0a036cbbf9421f43a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats the problem with oval skirted pistons eh neil :) you have the same problem with the coilpack ones

air chisel and some heat maybe ?

When putting the corsa piston on the cg rod,do i use the corsa pin or cg.....or does it not matter?

Hey people I though I'd add a few bits I've collected for other people interested in the project.
Pistons are the earlier 1litre and 1.2 pre twinport ones.
And don't forget the vw egr valve link pipes make good stainless header flanges :)

Just thought I'd add that :)
Lawrence

Do the pistons have to be in a certain orientation to the rods?

Just about to put them on

I see the arrow on the pistons.

I mean when mounting the piston to the rods, does it matter......eerrr....like this, if you get what I mean

2277ce037b59dffc391281715909c1f7.jpg

Cool, I get that bit.

What I'm trying to ask, (badly, I do apologise) is in my above picture, the rod has numbers on the side, is the piston mounted/pointing the right way in relation to the rod (with the numbers being on this side)

Or does it not matter

Found a chap to do the block, but he's asking for other measurements, and what sort of finish I want.

I said I want it bored to 72.5, but he wanted to know the max limit?!?

Can anyone help me with this

you are looking for about a 10" thou ring gap ideally, but it should be bored to suit the piston skirt dia really, praps he,s worried about breaking through the iron liner ?

Might be, he was just throwing loads of questions at me I really don't know the answer too.

I'm keen to use him coz it won't cost me anything, I can bill the company I work for

Il just take block, rings and pistons and throw it at him

Having a right headache finding someone to do this block

Waiting on another quote, last firm wanted £400 to do it! Loads of others have packed up business

I'm in the Luton area if anyone knows of any

prices for the boring, 3mm off the block and 2mm of the head have been between £300-400

Is this worth it?

Friend of mine paid about £150 for a Swift GTi cylinder bore to take Honda pistons here in Poland, so I imagine a bore and 5mm skim could be in that range, that's quite a bit of material to take off. Then again, I'm no expert.

Dropped block and head off today at Alan's.....really nice bloke
Should pick up end of week

cheers mate, il give you a buzz next time I'm in the area.....not that i know where you live

Picked up engine yesterday evening (was on way back from job, sorry for not calling in frank, busy busy)

Looks good to me

ae6a18a33b0ec4589bf40550d70b0ba3.jpg

Got flange made for t/bodies

73de630bcf50a6dc721d7a5f2fbdaafb.jpg

b8c9aca542d20923190c34a2816bd50b.jpg

Just needs welding up

Are all the main bearings and big end bearings the same between the cg10 and 13

Having a nightmare finding what I need.
Everyone I call won't help (not worth there time I guess)

Will the old bearing be ok? Only heard engine running briefly before I got it, sounded ok.

Just thought beings it's apart, give it all new stuff

I might just reuse the old stuff then

All the con rod bearings are still in right place......the main bearings have been all jumbled up!!
People moving my stuff about

Will this matter?

i think the size grading is mainly for the initial build neil, mating a slightly undersize journal with a slightly undersize shell etc for exact clearance, an old engine will have a lot more slack by now

Well, I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got, so just have to stick it back together and see what happens

What's torque procedure/settings for the crank bolts.........can't find my book

Back