conversion

i got a 1.6 almera off a friend today
and have my eye on a k10 thats off the road
anyone know if the 1.6 will fit the k10 and has anyone attempted it ?
the project will be going ahead for definate in the next few weeks it maybe over a 2 or 3 year course

with the help of jomo engineering:blush:

well i am now working in jomo engineering
i can use a grinder and he is professional with a welder
money.....
well funds are low but i will sort that
i should be collecting the car and stripping it in the next week pics will be posted :p

It can be done and has been done, it's just that in most cases the person doing it get's bored with the project and ends up breaking the car for spares. I would say that if it's something you really definately want to do and you have the time, money, space and equipment then go ahead with. As long as you take your time and think things through, anything is possible with a micra. One thing though, i would recomend keeping the injector & ecu setup rather than messing around trying to convert backwards to carbs and the like. All you'll need to do is take what you need from both (micra & almera) wiring looms and put them together to make one custom loom, electrics are easy peeeeezie.

It can be done and has been done, it's just that in most cases the person doing it get's bored with the project and ends up breaking the car for spares. I would say that if it's something you really definately want to do and you have the time, money, space and equipment then go ahead with. As long as you take your time and think things through, anything is possible with a micra. One thing though, i would recomend keeping the injector & ecu setup rather than messing around trying to convert backwards to carbs and the like. All you'll need to do is take what you need from both (micra & almera) wiring looms and put them together to make one custom loom, electrics are easy peeeeezie.

i plan on takin the complete loom and ecu and fuel pump,even hubs and drives and do it over years and try make it perfect

i see, 2 unfinished 1.6 conversions , i know i can get it mounted , wiring jomo engineering is an expert and ive seen his completly custom looms for many cars so if i get the engine as standard mount it and get it wired i should have very few problems. hopefully i should have the car this weekend and see how it runs :grinning: then over 4 years (hopefully less) complete it

Back