Facelift engine conversion?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Is a conversion (currently thinking 1.6) any harder on the facelift K11's than the prefacelifts?

Just everyone that does it seems to have prefacelift's. And i prefer the look of the prefaclifts, however if it's the same amount of work to do on a facelift I'd just convert the front end of mine to the prefacelift..

None of this will be happening for a year or two, Just i thought i'd ask now so i can plan ahead lol.

As long as you have the distributer-type igntion, then it's exaclty the same, shouldn't really be muich harder if you have coil per plug anyway really.

TBH you probably could, if you swapped the heads over, but it probably wouldn't be worth it

TBH you probably could, if you swapped the heads over, but it probably wouldn't be worth it

There is a long list of stuff u can do to a cg13 to make it fit in a x-reg or later on here somewhere dont know where now, basically if u got facelift 98-early 2000 then cg13 will be straight swap, if u got facelift late-2000 on (x or after) then best doin cga3de for straight swap.

in answer to the original question, a 1.6 should be the same putting it into any facelift or prefacelift as you'll need to change the ECU and wiring loom/etc anyway.

wel if you want to use existing mounts then yes you do have to take out some of the chasis leg by either cutting and re-welding over it or simply knocking it in. this is to clear for the pulley.

Back