micra k10 brakes

superls

K10 Tuner
hi, a k10 conversion is in the pipline and i have a few questions, regarding the conversion.

i am planning on putting a 1.6 engine out of the nissan sunny
nissan_sunny_1.jpg

this series.

questions,

1) will the same sunny front brakes fit on my micra, with much modification?

2) is there any rear disks that i can fit on my k10.

3) is there a sunny with rear disks that i could graft on???

4) where would i get insurance on a 1.6 micra k10?

thanking you in anticipation!

scott

4) where would i get insurance on a 1.6 micra k10?

scott

I use adrian flux for my 'modified' car I have wheels tyres suspension, stripped, custom exhaust manifold and +25bhp power adder cover for £260pa TPFT...I am 29 years old with 8 yrs NCB

Any use?

Nobody has ever managed to fit disk brakes on the rear of a K10, to my knowledge anyway. If your going to attempt it, your looking at a new rear axle, hubs, hand brake mechanism and everything else associated back there. Im sure if you could get round that problem, you'l be able to fit different disks.

Kev recently had to claim via Adrian Flux and don't believe he's having much fun with them. I'd try out Sky Insurance (probably will when mine runs out). Check out there advert at the top of every page on here.

what about front brakes, is there any that will just interchange with minimal effort or no, such as the sunny ones etc.

Doesnt that depend on drive shafts? If the gearbox is different, you'l need to get new front hubs anyway - assuming the shafts dont fit, otherwise Im told K11 hubs will fit K10 shafts if your somehow planning on keeping those. That'l give you a few options.

Back