Coilovers

CMF_Micralife

» CMF Member
Hi guys I have just purchased my first micra k11 and want to purchase some BC coilovers for it and what I was wondering is, do you have to modify anything for them to be fitted or are they just plug n play?

Any information will be much appreciated
Thanks

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
The BC V1 coilovers are a direct fit but if you have ABS it doesn't have a support bracket so I just ziptied mine on.

here's a blog link to what I received n installing
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-12#post-422090

when I first corner balanced it
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-32#post-471163

here's a guide on when I set mine up:

Do this on a flat level platform and preferably load up the drivers seat with ur body weight using ballast or someone of similar weight and full fuel tank.

------------- SET THE BUMPSTOP -------------------
For the front coilovers:

The bottom ring should be adjusted so that you hit the bump stop just before the tyre contacts the arch or lining during full lock and always use the same setting for left/right sides.

- remove the spring
- fit the strut & wheels
- push the wheel up with a jack
- if the tyre touches the arch, stop and lower the bottom ring abit
- if the tyre is more than 10mm away from any arch/lining when it hits the bump stop and begins to lift the chassis off the stand, raise the bottom ring abit.

For the rear coilovers:

The rear dampers height relative to the axle beam should be adjusted so that you hit the bump stop just before the tyre contacts the arch or the axle touches the exhaust or any nearby parts and always use the same setting for left/right sides.

- remove springs,
- screw dampers at its lowest position on the axle,
- fit wheels
- jack up the axle till it rests on the bumpstop
- check the axle or tyres are not hitting/rubbing against anything
- if they are touching, increase the left/right dampers height equally till it clears

----------- SET THE RIDE HEIGHT -------------
Set the front/rear ride height by altering the spring seating ring and always use the same setting for left/right sides.

for the front coilovers:

- fit spring to strut
- screw the upper ring up till it touches snug with the spring (zero preload)
- fit strut & wheel & rest the car on flat level floor
- measure the ride height between wheel centre and the top of the arch
- if its too low, calc how much mm to raise the height by
- raise the upper ring by the calculated amount equally left/right

for the rear coilovers:

- set the spring seat at its highest position to start with
- fit the springs and dampers
- settle the car on a level floor, measure the height. calc how far off it is to the desired height.
- raise/lower the left/right spring seat equally by the calculated offset till you reach the correct height.

measure how far the wheel is laterally to the arch lip to check if the the axle is centred at this desired height.

if it's offset, then you'll have to adjust the panhard rod till the axle is centred then repeat setting the rear bumpstop.

next align the wheels

Back