Coilovers

Hi all, just signed up, got a K11 yesterday, already lowerd on some s**t halfords 15's. Plan is to go low on nice jap style 13's and maybe a bit of camber. Was looking at 13x8 front and 13x9 rear.. May have to drop an inch off though if theyll be too wide. Ive done a bit of research on coilovers, micra ones are expensive, but i read a fair few people had used corsa ones. Mines a 1994 1.0 micra dot, and wanted to ask if this budget kit is the right kit i need? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-AK-STR...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4161c3ffae

Ive read a guys thread where he showed what washers to use as spacers and filing the mounting hole etc which i'd like to use as reference as it seemed a pretty good guide.

Thanks

People have found out that probably best is to use te corsa top mount and change the bolt holes on the top. Slot one of the bottom holes a little.
You won't be able to use the rear springs, so it's micra cut springs with the corsa shocks as they are much shorter and will be able to hold the cut spring in. You will also have to get smaller bottom bolts I think and shave the bussing a tat.

Keep us updated how you getting on. Pics of your car are welcome

OP
OP
C
Cheers for the quick reply. When you say about using the corsa topmount, are people redrilling there struttops to suit the corsa mounts? Sorry to be a pain but didnt get the last bit about shaving the bussing? Take it you mean cutting the top bush in two to sit either side of the rear strut top?
Ill try soon as, in at work for mot tommorow then i can start to make it my own. Its no minter by far but its doable i think... Lol Just time and replacement interior and trim bits. Also got to work on a light crease down most of the NS :rolleyes:

Cheers

No people knock the existing bolts from the corsa mounts and drill new ones to suit the micra turrets.
Shave the bottom rear mount a little bit as its wide for the micra

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Try and find a used set of front coilovers, could save yourself a pretty penny, and I don't think you can use the rear coilies. I use Corsa C's on the front with the Micra top mount and I have Polo 6n on the rear with Micra top mount and a few washers.

Total investment for all 4: £50

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Welcome, do I recognise your username from my other home on the web RR?

9"s - Ambitious - I like that! Spindles are unfortunately welded, not bolted to the beam, which means you'll have to pie cut the rear.

OP
OP
C
2nd hand would be a good call actually.. Lol
Thanks for the help, think i got what i need to know, just have to save up a bit and keep my eyes peeled. (Pain as ive gota swap the front for standad setup to get through the mot so more money Grrr lol)

Yeah i browse a lot on RR dont post to often though. Haha ta, keep looking at image wheels then looking at the price... Just that 7's are way to skinny :p