Clutch Probs!

had a reconditioned gearbox fitted and a new clutch kit fitted but the problem is the the clutch bites so high up so i losened the cable at the gearbox end so there is slight play on the cable and still bites high??:(, its to the point if i lean my foot on the clutch pedle it slips grr,

please help!!

had a reconditioned gearbox fitted and a new clutch kit fitted but the problem is the the clutch bites so high up so i losened the cable at the gearbox end so there is slight play on the cable and still bites high??:(, its to the point if i lean my foot on the clutch pedle it slips grr,

please help!!

are you sure you have adjusted the clutch cable as much as possible? at the gearbox end? a picture of the clutch cable where it connects to the gearbox would be useful..
p.s i wouldnt run the car too much like it is as the clutch could well be slipping slightly all the time and will wear out pretty quickly.

Attachments

• PICT0406.JPG
    PICT0406.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 313
  • PICT0407.JPG
    PICT0407.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 235
adjusted the cable off as far as can go without falling off...., biting near the bottom now but theres a lot of play on the clutch pedal!! is that something i just live with or..???

cheers again frank!

adjusted the cable off as far as can go without falling off...., biting near the bottom now but theres a lot of play on the clutch pedal!! is that something i just live with or..???

cheers again frank!

you,ve got some adjustment on the return bumpstop bolt on the pedal, my bite is about 2" or 3" from the floor :)

the clutch peddle dont flap about! its just when you put your foot on it you dont feel the clutch being pulled until the pedal is half way down?! how do i adjust the return bumpstop??

thanks to all.....

Back