clutch adjust

Hi all
The clutch pedal on our micra has to be almost fully out before it bites, the car has done 45k so assume its the original clutch,
Is it just a matter of getting under the bonnet and adjusting it on the cable?
Thanks
Maximus.

that's all there is to it:). you'll need a 10mm spanner and some pliers to hold the adjuster wheel while you undo the locking nut. there are marks on the clutch arm and cable, push the cable towards the front of the car and you should be able to move the arm backwards about 3-4mm. then tighten up the nut.

that's all there is to it:). you'll need a 10mm spanner and some pliers to hold the adjuster wheel while you undo the locking nut. there are marks on the clutch arm and cable, push the cable towards the front of the car and you should be able to move the arm backwards about 3-4mm. then tighten up the nut.

Thanks Swiper.. I didn't see any marks either on the arm or cable...
I undid the 10mm nut and turned that big round adjuster wheel.
seems to have made it a bit better, but i think maybe at 7 years old it probably needs replacing.
Maximus.

they are hard to see, especially when they are old and covered in grease., but as long as there's a bit of free play then it should be fine.

you need free play in it, or it's like the clutch is depressed all the time. you need about 3-4mm of arm movement.

you need free play in it, or it's like the clutch is depressed all the time. you need about 3-4mm of arm movement.

Thanks swiper
I will have to slacken it off a bit then:blush:
The biting point is very high... almost pedal fully out!! is this a sign that the clutch needs replacing? Goes in and out of gears ok though.
Maximus

Back