K11 Clutch probem?

About 2 years ago I had the clutch changed on my Micra at a local garage. Since then, the clutch has never felt right (The car has been stood for a year on a SORN in a garage hence the time-lapse) the pedal seems stiff and the clutch cable I believe has not been threaded through properly as it sounds like its catching on something, when I come to a stop I can hear a sort of grinding/rattling noise coming from the clutch cable area and only stop when I pull the clutch up.

So far I took it back to the garage and the clutch has been fitted fine (I worked for a time in this garage so know the work is always carried out correctly), so I'm either thinking its the clutch actuator arm (Where the cable hold onto to engage the clutch) or the clutch itself is not an OE part?

I cant see where the clutch cable could have been mis-thread and the pedal box, with cable unattached seems fine and fluid. I've sprayed the arm with WD40 but it still seems pretty stiff.

Has anyone had this problem?

Possibly release bearing noisy or noisy box?When they fitted the clutch they would have just reconnected the cable to the box so unlikely to be related to that.

Hmmm, same happend when I had a new clutch put in, apart from snapping cables the clutch seemed fine, though it just feels worse now. I should probably get the release bearing seen to and find out if thats the problem.

Back