clutch pedal removal

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Anyone here ever remove the clutch pedal eg the bracket it bolts into? I think I need to replace the bushes on mine but cant see how I can remove it easy without removing the dash which I don't want to do.

Attachments

• 51771.jpg
    51771.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 39

CMF_sillbeer

» CMF Member
Hey Micra_King (or anyone else that can help), my pedal as a bit too much sideways movement and IIRC, some white nylon plastic bits had been found on the floor at some point. I think these are the bushes. Did you manage to work out how to change these bushings without dash removal?

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
You don't need to remove the dash lol..
Just slide the drivers seat right back, katy on your back in the foot well and undo the 3 nuts and clutch cable. The entire assembly will come out.

Our even take the drivers seat out to create more laying down room.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
from engine bay
1. loosen the clutch cable thumbscrew 10mm locknut (under battery case)
2. loosen the clutch cable thumbscrew fully till you can unhook the clutch cable end bracket off the clutch fork arm
3. remove the two 12mm nuts holding the clutch pedal bracket to the bulkhead (beside the brake booster)

from driver well
4. unhook the clutch cable end off the top of the clutch pedal arm
5. remove the 12mm? bolt holding the top of the clutch pedal bracket to the bulkhead
6. then the assembly just slips out

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I would also check for any cracks on the peddle box and the bulkhead , it can happen which can also lead to peddle movement and flex .

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
sillbeer WROTE:

"Hey Micra_King (or anyone else that can help), my pedal as a bit too much sideways movement and IIRC, some white nylon plastic bits had been found on the floor at some point. I think these are the bushes. Did you manage to work out how to change these bushings without dash removal?

Wow old thread here. Turned out you can not replace the nylon bushes in the unit. If yours have become that chewed up that bits fell out I would say you will need to find a replacement one from the wreckers unless the clutch action is still ok.

Back