Clutch pedal to high

CMF_Sulimon

» CMF Member
Hi guys I have a high clutch pedal after I changed the clutch. I have adjusted it to work, but it only works with the pedal close to the top when it releases.
It really should be a lot lower before it releases. Also the clutch pedal has a twist to the left and is getting worse. (I adjusted it at the gearbox)

Any idea's?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Sulimon WROTE:

"Hi guys I have a high clutch pedal after I changed the clutch. I have adjusted it to work, but it only works with the pedal close to the top when it releases.

It really should be a lot lower before it releases. Also the clutch pedal has a twist to the left and is getting worse. (I adjusted it at the gearbox)

Any idea's?

does the clutch feel heavy sulimon ?

CMF_Sulimon

» CMF Member
No, the clutch isn't heavy at all.

frank2 WROTE:

"Sulimon WROTE:

"Hi guys I have a high clutch pedal after I changed the clutch. I have adjusted it to work, but it only works with the pedal close to the top when it releases.

Any idea's?"</div>

does the clutch feel heavy sulimon ?

CMF_Sulimon

» CMF Member
I was wondering if the pivot shaft (if there is one?) holding the pedals might be out of position or cracked as the clutch pedal twists off to the left. The previous clutch was also heavier than the new one and might have contributed to pedal damage....

CMF_Sulimon

» CMF Member
Thanks for the tip Rudy. I changed the gearbox today and bugger me the clutch pedal is now in the right place. I'd tried all the adjustment on the cable with the last gearbox and nothing worked except with the pedal releasing in a too high position.
Still not sure why a change if gearbox would remedy it.. but I'm not complaining. Thanks for the input guys.

Back