Dash removal

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Ok have a week off to do some work around the house and car. I need to remove my dash to fix two issues I have. 1 is I need to remove my clutch pedal assembly to fix the stuffed bushing in it and im not flexible enough to get under the dash to remove it lol. Also with my vent set to recirculate its still letting in outside fumes so its not sealing and need to fix that as well. I guess I need to remove the stereo and center stack stuff first? Also anyone have a photo of the clutch pedal assembly out of the car? How many bolts hold it in? Thanks.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
try to do all this with the dash in, get a mechanic to do you pedal. with the vent you can access the flap by removing the glove box(remove 2 plastic pins underneath). also check tension on the cable for the vent... if you remove the dash you'll do more harm than good. and massive mess around...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s my lightened one lol, 2 nuts on the baulkhead (enginebay) and a little bracket at the top iirc

Attachments

• 63669.jpg
    63669.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 48

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Thanks guys. I knew frank would have a photo lol. So if the bolts for the pedal are removed via engine bay I should be able to do it without having to get under the dash? little bracket at the top iirc?

CMF_bigstick

» CMF Member
There's 2 nuts you access from the engine bay side and there's 1 bolt to remove from the clutch support bracket under the dash. Worthwhile removing dash so you can renew foam seals around vents etc too. It's not too difficult to do.

Back