clutch, gearbox parts question

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
Can anyone tell me the size difference between the CG10 clutch and CG13? just bought a used CG10 clutch disc flywheel kit off of yahoo.jp the gear box I will be using is off a cg10. Today I mocked everything up just too make sure it all lines up. found out that the clutch disc and center shaft in the gearbox are different sizes. clutch disk is smaller. Also the drive shafts from the cg10 dont fit.. too small. the CG13 seem to fit? Are post 98 CG10 RS5F30A gearboxs identical? the cg10 flywheel seems to fit fine. Any ideas?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
post 98 cg10 transmission is all compatible with cg13, before none of it is interchangeable.
you must have a pre august 98 160mm cg10 clutch if its smaller.

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
thanks polar, the guy I got the box off of, was unsure the year of march it came off. just that is was off a cg10. I have taken my cg13 shafts off and they fit so im guessing its post 98. they cg13 clutch would be 180mm? the cg10de flywheel seems to fit? any idea the size differences between flywheels? if the box is post 98 can I use a cg13 flywheel?

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
I just ordered 180mm clutch kit from nissan, still abit unsure if the cg10 flywheel will fit the CG13 engine. the person I bought the box off said I will need to change the fly, to cg10? weather the 180mm clutch will match up to it is another question. but I will find that out the weekend when I put it in. just pulled the NCVT.. thing ways a ton!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i'm a bit confused as to what you have really.
as i said 100% parts from a post 98 cg10 will fit with cg13.
if your small clutch fits the flywheel then you have the wrong flywheel.
have you measured the clutch to see if its the 160mm?

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
yeah I measured the clutch it is 160mm. what im doing is converting my NCVt to MT I bought the box on its own and the rest from a scraper (pic below) if thats the case Ill be needing a flywheel. thanks for the help.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
ah right. thats a bit of a shame as all the stuff you got in the photo will not work with your gearbox if it came off the same car. you will need different shafts/gear linkage/support bar, mounts/flywheel/clutch kit. thats if its from the same pre 98 cg10 in the scrapper that the clutch came off.

Back