Clutch Issues

CMF_tlm

» CMF Member
Ok so Im new to micras, my sisters mechanic told her that her clutch was screwed an I had a quick look and seemed to be a problem with the pressure plate, the pedal just went to the floor and stayed there and seemed like the thrust fork actuating arm wasnt coming back out all the way to where the cable had been adjusted to.

So Iv removed the gearbox and clutch seemed ok the friction plate was fairly worn so I machined the flywheel and put in the NEW clutch plate an pressure plate, got it all together and when I checked the cable again it was as if nothing had changed so I took it as i didnt get the alignment right so I pulled the box off again nade up a new too to align the plate into the end of the crank instead of the plastic universal tool i have, all went well box slid on with alot of jiggling making sure itd sit right bolt it all up tight and still same problem as if the clutch cable is 2inches too long then I read somewhere on here that someone had suggested a spacer for the cable because they have changed the specs? Is this correct and if so Im thinking that someone had this spaced before and all thats happened is the spacer has fallen out!

Anyone got info on this? or can show me a pic of where the actuator arm sits when its at rest so I can figure this out before I make a spacer up when there is other problems.
Also Is this box supposed to have a spigot bush on the input shaft?

Vehicle is 95/96 K11 i think

Back