help me brain storm swapping cg10 -96 gearbox for cg13.

so i need to fit a cg13 gearbox into my car and i need to do it inside a day!!

so i will defo need a cg13 gearbox, cg13 clutch, cg13 flywheel.

i have clutch and flywheel and actual fitment of clutch, flywheeel and gearbox is a piece of cake, i have that covered :D

iam guessing the clutch cable is identicle and possibly speedo but i dont care about speedo.

Ill need to make new shafts but thats fine also, about an hours work.

BRAIN STORM BITS
so what about the actual mounts? surely if i get the mounts that match the cg13 gearbox its a straight swap? anyone know? OR are the mounts specific to 1300 shells or cradles??

and what about the gear linkage? is it the same as -96 cg10?

you will need the n/s and rear 1.3 g/box bracket/mount kev, and the cradle and g/change are slightly different too eh.
are you gonna weld the 1.3 inner c/v spider to the k10 shaft ?

I only have k10 inners! I already have cut and shut shafts because the original outers were to small for the k11 hubs that Iam running. I'll just chop either the shafts and shorten them or lengthen the lca's.

So far then I need a custom rear g,box mount, custom shafts, custom gear linkage. The shafts could be prepped ready before I start.

I'll go scrappy tomorrow and check out a k11 and see if it looks do able in a day :)

Yes smaller meaning lighter :D

You can have them if I make new shafts :)

Do you reckon sorting the gear linkage will be a challenge? May be better to fit complete setup from k11!

Yes smaller meaning lighter :D

You can have them if I make new shafts :)

Do you reckon sorting the gear linkage will be a challenge? May be better to fit complete setup from k11!

aye kev, some lightweight specials are in order methinks :) daft having a fat middle on the shaft if the bit near the spline is the weakest part (jimGR snapped his @ the spline eh) and the inboard c/v,s never seem to wear out, may as well use the k10 tiddlers.
not sure on the g/change tbh, someone posted that they had to go back to the yard for one because it was different, about 6-9 months ago iirc

Back