Clear tail lights

I got some clear tail lights off Squarepants at the weekend, (thanks Dan, trade rating left) I thought it would be of some interest to those of you who were contemplating putting March lights of any type on to their car to see the following pictures of the rear light fittings......
182747a8cabb8b2a8.jpg

182747a8cabd4bb08.jpg

182747a8cabcc5c24.jpg

As you can see, the two are completely different, some pretty serious cutting has to be made to get the Micra fittings to fit March lights, it would probably be better to try to get March fittings as well as the lights if you were fitting them, the March fittings are a very good fit in this type of light though.
182747a8cce17efe5.jpg

182747a8cce104e34.jpg

I got Ems some clear lights, not realising the connections were different. In the end, we used the bulb holders from an old Bluebird i think (similar to the K10). Worked perfectly! Edit - Nex did all the hard work! top man

sonic, word of warning, don't plug them straight in cos they screw the electrics, you have to push two of the wires out and switch them round.

___ ____
|0 -- 0|
----------
|________|

see my crappy diagram. where the "0" are is where you have to swtch them, either side of the clip if i remember correctly. basically one of them is the earth pin and the other is something else, indicator i think....

btw if you have any spare i could really do with some march holders for my clear lights..

and if you need help let me know and i will take pics of the modification i had to do to my light holders to get the wiring right....

I got Ems some clear lights, not realising the connections were different. In the end, we used the bulb holders from an old Bluebird i think (similar to the K10). Worked perfectly! Edit - Nex did all the hard work! top man

lol nice edit ;) it was a pleasure mate :D and it was fun smashing the crap out of the bluebird in that scrappy ;)

you need any more work done mate let me know cos i am desperate for cash :D lol

But I have a March Nex, the holders off my car fit the clear lights perfectly.

And sorry mate, I have no spare bulb holders.

But I have a March Nex, the holders off my car fit the clear lights perfectly.

And sorry mate, I have no spare bulb holders.

lol oh yea, well if you put them in a uk car funny things happen but you will be fine with the march ;)

Back