clear rear lights

D

da2

i have seen some clear rear lights to fit onto my k11 gx in perredot green(dark). now it doesn't say wether thy come with any fittings or bulbs. does anyone know what bulbs i would need to pass an mot and where i could find them?:k11green:

as standard you will fail an MOT, you need to put red reflectors onto your car. You just need coloured bulbs from a local motor factors.

ok them does that mean that clear side repeater will also fail cos i just spent £20 on a new set? where can i get reflectors from?

i found that i got the police pulling me over a lot more with clear clusters on. also... they look pooh on dark cars

Clear rear lights have clear reflectors but need red ones so most people add stick on ones, I've had police right behind me loads of times and never pulled over.

Never known them to be sold with bulbs or fittings etc but new ones usually need modding to hold UK bulb holders.

Available here
Pricey though, not seen any for sale here or eBay for a while either.

mean micra said:
i still got my set for sale...and have reflectors & standard uk bulb holders too...

**here**---->>> http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=6472&highlight=clear

if you want the correct bulb holders, they are originally meant for use with the MARCH so march bulb holders are 100% fitment but hard to get hold of and have different bulb configuration top to bottom...
>indicator
>reverse
>Brake

no fogg bulb...

you still got them for sale? how much?

thank you for all your responces. it looks like it might be a bit of a sod to sort! i might just change my sides and find something else to mod.

goldstar0011 said:
Clear rear lights have clear reflectors but need red ones so most people add stick on ones, I've had police right behind me loads of times and never pulled over.

same as, mine have been on for months and months and they dont take any notice of them what-so-ever!

i brought some LED bulbs for mine, is prob ya best bet..they cost me quite a bit really but they are fine i think.

i cant access it now but i did make a huge guide on how to mod the lights and what to do with them once you get them, if possible you might be able to ask james of another mod to send it to you, it wil give you all the info you wil need!

Back