Cisco's Intentions

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey Cisco hows things, Is it possible yet to lease a Suzuki Swift Sport with a turbocharged motor from a dealer yet? With the Colt Ralliart i've noticed lots of performance shops have started working on them up here in Queensland,APC have already got a page on the website with the standard kw at the wheels but haven't got any modified dyno graphs yet.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I was also thinking of getting the arches all sprayed black properly. The matt ones will fade after a couple of years.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Also the thing about hatches that i've realised is the driving position..when you are in a low slung car you sit in a better position, instead of sorta sitting up...they're made to be easier to get out of for older folk lol

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah true..

BTW - the colt has the exact same TRACK as a 200sx!

cisco

» CMF Member
Nah that's crap Yom, stop making such crazy suggestions you dumb ass.

Its called technology. If Nissan still made any good performance cars, they would have it too.

In fact, read the article somewhere about the Colt in Wanneroo blowing all the expensive sportscars away. On a tight track, the Colt beats a 200sx around the track. It beat porsches and WRXs. An STI beat it near the end as well as a porsche.

All the comments I have read say the Colt's ASC hardly kicks in and never interferes with the driver, its only when you're really on the edge it does stuff at times..

Sure Nissan made some great cars in their time. But stop defending them, they have dropped the ball and all their cars are too old now. They've all been flogged to the max and are faded and ugly. Move with the times, evolve or die. Nissan has dropped the ball.

But you already knew all that.

I'm going to drive it and make my own mind up about how it handles. I've owned a 200sx aswell, so I will be able to give you an accurate comparison.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I think that its not that a 200sx won't handle!It's just no where near as much fun,or as chuckable as a smaller car.

Once also being an owner of a 200sx aswell as many more japanese cars i think that your taste Cisco is similar to mine where you enjoy the smaller cars yet still appreciate the larger. I must say that all the small fwd turbos and 4wd turbos are the most fun to have on 4 wheels in my opinion. Get the colt mate, it'll be sweet.

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
i want to see a fight!

but really my 2cents or 2yen is that u should really wait till the start of next year and buy a 2006 badged model as there are always big discounts and as i used to work for mitsu i know that every jan/feb is trying to get rid of 2006 model year and 2006 badged AND 2007 model year(after sept) with 2006 badge

but that is if u decide on the colt..

and shop around alot!!! and not just at ralliart showrooms as ALL dealers have ways of getting rallyart models like the EVO...because i sold one before and normal mitsu dear are "not ment to"

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah good call Blake. No rush just yet. I might do that. Give it a couple of months and see what happens after things calm down and its 2007. I am messing around with different leasing companies to work out the best deal and will see what happens. If its too hard, then I won't bother, but it would be good to fire one up.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
in the uk you can get a few thousand $ taken off the new price, and 3 years free servicing just by asking the dealers for it. so they have quite a bit of room for discounting, it maybe a similar story for the oz mitsu dealers. the dealer i took the test drive with was very keen for me to buy, he called me quite a few times for a few weeks afterwards asking me if i had decided yet lol.
i'm starting to get interested in a turbo kit for my lupo now!

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"I think that its not that a 200sx won't handle!It's just no where near as much fun,or as chuckable as a smaller car.

Once also being an owner of a 200sx aswell as many more japanese cars i think that your taste Cisco is similar to mine where you enjoy the smaller cars yet still appreciate the larger. I must say that all the small fwd turbos and 4wd turbos are the most fun to have on 4 wheels in my opinion. Get the colt mate, it'll be sweet.

i own both, and drove both still..turbo micra was fun - in the sense that you could have a run with people and smoke em and they'd be in total shock...the fact that it just wasn't expected to go fast was the best part of it..it was chuckable..i love flying through twisties with it..

the 200sx is fun in a different way..sideways is loads of fun...i wouldn't use it/expect it to get the best times at the track..its more of a drift machine around corners..

i enjoy them both still, but *for me* i was getting a bit bored of fwd so the rwd world is a welcome change.. *for me*

but yes, we're all about our own opinions here..so each to their own!

btw my mates civic beat a ferrari and gt3 porsche around winton...which is a tighter track...thats pretty cool haha

cisco

» CMF Member
Went and check out an R.Colt again this arvo..

A couple of cool things I noticed.. There is also a button inside to make the mirrors pop in or out.. Two clicks of the keyring also does the same thing.. Nifty!

The trim all throughout the car is totally covered, carpeted, plastic, vinyl everywhere. Unlike the painted bare metal sections you used to be able to see all over the micra.

The hatch has an inner handle like the 1997 model micra's had. Plus the trim all around it is fully tidy and no bare ugly metal to be seen anywhere.

The trim looks really nice. I had a good play with the seats today, adjusted them, played with all the adjustments, put my phone/wallet and crap in all the compartments etc to see how it would all fit practically from day to day when you're busy etc. It has a funky sunglasses holder up in the ceiling.

The ralliart badge and leather is really nice.

The gauges and steering wheel are really nice.

Yeah I'm not sure why, but its really grown on me even more this time.

Got under it.. There is some additional lower bracing on the front end, they have definitely put braces and stuff around the place to stiffen it up - that's the Ralliart coming out in it.. The exhaust looks I dunno, approx 1.75-2" in diameter, really good for a factory 1.5litre turbo anyway.. It looks pretty free flowing for sure..

The wheels look pretty cool, the brakes are big.. The engine bay is very refined, tidy and well organised.. You can see the little turbo down in there.. Its a pretty simple, but tough looking manifold.

Hmm what else..

Two cupholders, two airbags. The rear glass (all rear side windows and the main back window) are all "Privacy glass". Which is darker than legal tinting, but its actually just the glass, no tint on it.. So that's another awesome thing, its legal and it means the tint inside the glass never ever fades.. Then you only have to tint the front windows to match..

You can get ralliart floor mats and headlight protectors etc.

The adjustment in the bucket seats is good. They come forward and back a fair way and you can tilt them with a knob on the side. No adjustable lumber etc, as they are racing seats heh.

A fair amount of cool little pockets and consoles everywhere.

A cool tray thing under the steering column like the micra has, but wider and it has all these little shapes and trays in it so that things sit in particular spots without sliding around.

I reckon its a pretty refined, feature packed hatch.

Going for a test drive at 10am on Friday.. Have to suss it out..

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
I'm selling my micra, I've just ordered a brand new MY07 WRX.

all it took was one drive, and I got out of the car and said 'where do I pay?'...

AWD is impossible to beat for control and getting that power down. I learned my lesson when I built a hardcore turbo FWD...

The Colt is cool, I even took a look at it. Certainly a car I would consider.. Alas, I want something I can throw a baby seat in the back (when the time comes), WRX was the ultimate decision for price, performance and practicality... :)

yay

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Are you guys "MICRA" enthusiasts or just "CAR" enthusiasts?
I joined this site and keep my Micra because I'm in the first group.

Do I sell my 1958 Triumph because it's "OLD" no, I keep it because I'm also a Triumph enthusiast.

Otherwise I'd just be trading in and buying the newsest whatever model every couple of years.

Mychael

cisco

» CMF Member
The latter mate. Just "Car enthusiasts".

Kinda like ghetto, I poured too much into something and took it as far as it could go. Once you have done that, you see the whole cycle and that the flaws in anything can't be fixed by pouring more money at it.

I am very much a fan of modern design, refinement and factory grunt now. There are just so many less hassles.

Good to hear from you Mipcar.

Hey Ghetto, nice choice.. I drove my mates 2003 WRX the other day, its certainly not a 2006 model, but its still pretty nice. They certainly are bang for your buck aren't they. WRX is good for baby seats and carrying prams etc. The colt is 4 door, but not as roomy, but the biggest difference is the boot - there isn't one :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I honestly like my micra just the way it is. There's very few things I'd change which could make it a better car than what it already is (without going overboard to make things match each other - can't have a heap of power without the suspension to handle it now can we).

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Mipcar, I think we are seeing a transitional period in Micra ownership that will see lots of people opt out of it and get a newer, fresher model. Nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully we'll see the die-hards hang in there till the car is 20-30 years old when they will become collectable. We are seeing this with old Aussie muscle-cars. Could buy them for a song 10 years ago. Now they're changing hands for $250,000AUS. I'm not saying K11 Micra's will become a blue-chip investment to be held as superannuation but interest will increase in years to come especially in Australia where the model no longer exists. I reckon a mint Super S would be sought after rarity in 10 years time. Same goes for a mint 200SX - a great car abandoned by Nissan.

Hopefully this forum will keep running into the future as a valuable source of info to new and existing Micra enthusiasts. I know it's motivated me to get into a Micra project!

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
The thing for me is also that I don't "need" anything else.
My Micra (series one so the seats folds flat) can carry my dogs, tow a trailer, give great fuel economy,reliabilty and low maintainence costs. Plus it's nippy, handles great on the twisty roads where I live and capable of long trips. **** I drove up and back to Cisco's in a day once to get parts (or was it deliver,I forget).
Anyway the point I'm making is that more modern cars are only a refinemnt on a solid theme started by Micra.
I would have more cars if budget allowed and yes just about anything modern will do most things with more refinement then a similer but 10 year old design would, that's just technology in progress.
Refinement is easily defined but "better" is a more subjective thing, I don't believe that the modern cars (taking purchase cost and depreciation into account) really do anything "better" then a good condition Micra.
I hope the forum continues and the technical data base remains for those that keep their Micras.I've not needed much help with mine 'cos nothing ever goes wrong with it.
Recently my posting ratio has dropped off the scale from times past but I'll remain around and keep the Micra faith.

Mychael

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Just went out and told Hack nothing to worry about.Looking at both Swifty and Hack side by side I know which one stirs my blood the most.
If Swifty is in as good a condition as Hack is after nearly 12 years I will be more than happy.
Hack after a wash and due to the attention to the interior and paintwork still shines like a new car and goes pretty hard.
It has been overall near faultless in all regards.
If I had any doubts the drive across the Nullabour fully loaded changed all that.

Back