Hello...and the Silver Dragon

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
Hi everyone!

This is my first post so a little introduction...

Back in 1997 I had myslef a green SLX, it was a good car that I hadn't intended on owning. It surprised me, and I soon began the modification path. A custom made set of extractors and full exhaust, stainless intake, lowered springs, shocks, mags, etc, etc... It was good enought to outrun a prosche downhill on Greenhill Road (although who really knows how hard he was trying?)

The Micra went and in came a turbo RX7, very fast...then more cars followed, amongst them a sweet R31 skyline I still miss, a classic 260Z and a few motorbikes; and then...

Fast forward to 6 months ago I needed a run-a-bout and found myself a white LX with exhaust and low springs. Suddenly the Micra love came back, haha! Only just last week it managed to spit a rod out the side of the block leaving a siezed engine and bits of block over the road. That's now gone and...

...enter the Silver Dragon (Bahaha)

A nice one owner Super S in almost mint condition. It is the base for the new project. As I have a family now it is not ever going to be over the top, but it will certainly be tweaked in all the right places for a fast, clean classic.

So far I have a full exhaust system, pulsar 2.0L brakes and have just installed a set of BC Racing Coil-over's and a whiteline panhard rod. Camber bolts are going in this week. It has transformed the little car to be a very nice ride.

Next will be a new rear muffler and a set of wheels!! which I am finding hard to find, but patience is a virtue... Work Equip 03's would be sweet but cost puts them out the window, so I'm still looking. I will get it right first go so no Bob Jayne cheapies for me...

I'll get some pics very soon.

Hope to see some of you around :)

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
sounds like you got it all sorted. I am looking at getting some over fenders for mine and some work wheels soon. As you stated though money is always an issue with these cars. RWD nissans and Mazdas are so cheap to mod comapred to these things.

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
car

Attachments

• 57945.jpg
    57945.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 52

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
haha, yep! I've had everyone come up to me today with comments like "Man, I just saw your car in the carpark, F__K it's low!"

I'm running 185/60/R14 and it only sscrubs on a fast corner on full lock, otherwise all good :p

Cheers! :)

Back