A Long Time

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Hi ( ex family Hack, White Knight). Been a long time and now back in Perth after a stint in Vietnam which was cut short due to illness. Thankfully all is now okay and while it has been a long slow process happy to report feeling great. Just read Cisco in Japan!! No more Micras at the moment. Wife runs around in a Mazda 2 Neo with an "enhanced exhaust,intake set up. Me I have a Suzuki Baleno with extractors, cold air intake, enlarged throttle body, lowered king springs and pedders shockies.Next step is a modified head as the G16B head is ideal to mods and yes Errol from Datrats is helping out.Not going forced even though Suzitech in Sydney can supply a kit to whatever madness you desire. Anyway glad to be back and will be a regular once more.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Welcome back mate. I almost got a new Suzuki Baleno before going down the micra path and there not a bad car to mod and like the micra not that common on the roads which I like.

cisco

» CMF Member
Dave!!! :) Welcome back to Oz, I often think about how you're going mate.

I am very glad to hear the health side of things is on the mend.
Would love to hear from you sometime in an email or something.
I'll send you a message.

How was Vietnam etc?

And glad to hear you are still tinkering with cars ;P

cisco

» CMF Member
Dave, can you send me a private message with your new email address in it. I got yours but can't reply back as it's still configured to your old one which no longer works. Cheers.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
hey dave!!!
goodto hear from ya.. long time since i been on here to..
glad all is well. this thread seems to be a blast from past, ciscco, you . mipcar and micra king.. lol
i now drive a mps 3.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
And me too :D

I tried emailing you Cisco, but didn't seem to get through.

Flick me one at s.w.evans (@) iinet.net.au

Brendo, why don't you return my texts anymore :'( *sniffle*

Sean

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
I wonder how many other guys from the past still check in from time to time? I also don't have a Micra any more but still check out whats happening as part of my internet routine.

Am getting around in a Clio Sport these days. Still miss the Micra though and I reckon this is the best and friendliest community on the web.

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Hi Brendon, Gareth. Gee reading this post brings back memories.Sean you still around also!Sent you an e mail Cisco. Hope you got it.Hello Mike(mipcar). Gee did we have a long chat. Glad Family Hack apart from the head gasket problem still going strong and your green one has gone around the clock how many times? Original clutch also!Yes its still one of the best sites around.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah got your email Dave! But can't write back, because I don't have your reply email address.. :p Update your site info/profile or send me another message with your email address in it if you don't mind.

xero WROTE:

"MPS unfortunately about the same weight as a v6 commo...

Hm MPS=1400kg, VE commodore=1700-1800kg. So MPS is 300-400kg lighter. Sure, it's pretty close to the weight of an old V6 commo i.e. a VN etc. But with today's new cars, they're all heavy. The MPS is way lighter than a phat VE, what are you kidz talking about.

I've been in Brendon's MPS and it literally cains in a straight line unbelievably hard.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
Sean you sending them to right phone number. i aint got one off ya in ages.
the mps is great fun and yes around 1400kgs. i have a hell of a lot of fun driving it. 3rd and 4th gear are the best fun pulls the hardest there. handles quite well. i have tein coilovers in there so that would help. i have 160kw atw at the moment.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
its like an oldschool reunion thread!

ive still got my s15. its done 227000km now and still crackin. up to 2nd gearbox now after input shaft bearing died on my last one..beh.

i had some re55 semislicks and was doing some trackdays and what not, but sold them now and just daily driver.

Phillip island has to be my fave track to drive on ever.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Not to mention the coolest hah

Man, I remember when Cisco's was the only turbo Micra around that anyone knew of.. Then Evad, Dave's red one/White Knight, Gareth's and mine to follow.

Good times..

cisco

» CMF Member
Ah those were the days. The Canberra celebration meet was just a fantastic experience/memory I reckon, we had the full marquee setup and everything and most of the famous cars made it there on the day. Melbourne meet also fantastic time. Memories for life :)

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi guys, glad to see many of us 'old timers' are still around... I also still drop by from time to time.

The Canberra meet and the trip down with other queenslanders was awesome !. Definately the best car club event i have ever attended. Great cars and very nice people.

I am still driving a K11 micra but my everyday car will soon be a new Suzuki Alto...

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
How do Dave (Dark Side), dunno if you remember me or not...but i picked your brains a bit when you owned whiteknight. Mines up and running virtually all finished now, deffo a good laugh :D

Will be good to see what you do / how things go with your new project. :)

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
G'day Solarice. Yeah I remember you.How about an update? Gee reading this post nearly brings a tear to the eye.Went and looked at all the photos I have from both the Canberra and Melbourne meet.Good times for sure.

Back