Goodbye White Knight

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Well the day has come and gone. Whitey no longer sitting in my garage.In its place sits a Suzuki Swift Sports ( see what you did micragirl)
The new owner resides north side of Perth, is not a site member but hopefully will log on.
I am still sort of in shock but discovering the delights of the Swift.
Hack will stay for many a year and over time will gain a few more horses.
Hmm bolt on turbo for the Swift available, already decided the exhaust system is too restritive and needs freeing up, the air intake can also be improved.
Can the Swift become a honorary site member ??

cisco

» CMF Member
Woot!!!

Congrats! I love it.

Sad to see White Knight go, I know. But I bet you will love the refinement of the new car and probably have a lot more time on your hands and a lot more reliability :)

Of course the swift can become an honorary site member! heh.

It will be fun to do up family hack a bit, one day slam the forgies in it and run 16psi kinda thing, then it would haul! But you know, even these days, there is that much decent stuff coming out on the new market, that you can't lose with a lot of the new vehicles. So much factory turbo performance available now and you know its been designed in a factory well thought out with all the hassles and issues alrady solved for you.

You know, we were really like this pack of small car performance pioneers who couldn't wait for the manufacturers to make us something decent, so we went out and made these super crazy micras ourselves.

White Knight is an example of that..

Enjoy!

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
WEll yes Cisco. Its 2006 v 1995. I am already missing the grunt of Whitey off the line but hell the Suzuki is so refined. Can't hear the engine at idle, far better sound insulation,more creature comfort all round. Maybe I am getting old? The Suzuki has a nice firm ride without being too choppy and no doubt when its run in will have the performance I reckon on a par with Hack.Tell you what the Micra has a bigger boot and all round better visibility.
It makes me appreciate what a great car the Micra was/is when it came out.Years ahead of its time in many ways.
Anyway it will give me time to concentrate on Hack. I do have a spare engine/gearbox just waiting to be made super tough and as you said wind up the boost.From all that has gone before I feel Hack at around
12psi will be the aim.This will still give it I am sure, super reliability and still frighten the pants off many cars.
Gee me and micragirl same, same.
I loved the journey with Whitey and had so many great moments plus a few downers as well.Still not over yet and as you said a lot us did a lot of pioneering work with the Micra.Yes a lot easier these days with after market bolt on performance bits now available.Takes alot of stress out of the equasion but also some of the fun.Look at the number of forced Micras now around. All really started with you Cisco. I will lavish a lot of care and attention on the Swift as is my way but it will never reach the feelings I hold for the Micra.( wipes tear away from eye)
Modern cars are so refined and no doubt a lot safer/reliable but hell the Micra will always give you that seat of the pants feeling and that you are in tune with what was going on in and around you.Hard to put into words sometimes.

CMF_swiss n/a

» CMF Member
and another one is "gone". im starting to think that i decided to tune up a micra a bit too late and the time of the micras is over!!? but there is just no car wich looks that nice and has that size (not too big and not too small, just right ). so theres no car for me, wich can replace the K11...

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
swiss n/a WROTE:

"and another one is "gone". im starting to think that i decided to tune up a micra a bit too late and the time of the micras is over!!? but there is just no car wich looks that nice and has that size (not too big and not too small, just right ). so theres no car for me, wich can replace the K11...<BR>

My thoughts exactly. I just got mine mod plated (yay finally all legal) & now its the perfect daily driver.

Goodluck with the swift dave. Suzuki makes fun cars. If you wont more hp. Jump onto redlinegti.com & pm dmwdave. He makes turbo kits for the new swift (hes not the cheapest but they are the best you can buy). He also makes suspension parts to help cure the problem of bottoming out when lowered (longer travel shocks). Hes an old school racer & a really top bloke. Good luck & enjoy.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
oh. white knight is gone. another one bites the dust... well hopefully the new owner jumps on this site and doesnt do the dissapearing act like blue monster has done. well good luck with the swift.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
lol disappearing act..hopefully the cars still alive

seems so easy to get stuff legal over in QLD. what about emissions and that? in vic we get raped...if I ever got defected or anything i'd have to strip it and sell it...not worth the trouble to even attempt to try to get it legal with full ecu, etc

Looks like nearly all the top 3 micra's on the site have almost gone!

i still have fun driving the micra...and will until that 4th cylinder finally gives way on me.

don't mind the look of those new swifts, looks like a few micra owners have converted over now..

we need a new generation of hardcore micra enthusiasts..take over from the rest of us :) you'd think with that many micra turbo conversions it'd be pretty hard to go wrong now.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
YEAH 3 years ago they were the good times. the melbourne meet and the newcastle one and then the canberra one. they were good. was early days where no one had really done any micra mods before so everyone was still figuring out what best exhausts and suspension parts and other stuff to use. and now that generation is dieing and a new one is arising. hehe
i aint got mine no more but i still like the good old micra.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
aaron WROTE:

"lol disappearing act..hopefully the cars still alive<BR><BR>seems so easy to get stuff legal over in QLD. what about emissions and that? in vic we get raped...if I ever got defected or anything i'd have to strip it and sell it...not worth the trouble to even attempt to try to get it legal with full ecu, etc<BR><BR>Looks like nearly all the top 3 micra's on the site have almost gone! <BR><BR>i still have fun driving the micra...and will until that 4th cylinder finally gives way on me.<BR><BR>don't mind the look of those new swifts, looks like a few micra owners have converted over now..<BR><BR>we need a new generation of hardcore micra enthusiasts..take over from the rest of us :) you'd think with that many micra turbo conversions it'd be pretty hard to go wrong now.

All you need in qld for emissions is co reading at idle (if your using the stock ecu). The mod plate was done in a hungry jacks carpark. Its the same place where meeting for the bbq at the end of this month :p The only things they were worried about was noise, location of hoses, heat shielding over manifold & turbo.

However that is all going to change next year as a new nation wide modification system is apparently coming in. So the easy going qld mods plate system will be replaced with a system similar to nsw. So glad I got in early, so much less money in engineering checks.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I'm glad to have seen Whitey before her departure. A remarkeable car. I'm sure you are proud of that achievement.

All the best with the new Whituki! I'm sure you'll love it as it's the closest car on the market to the spirit of the Micra. Bloody Nissan missed the boat there!

I've test driven the Sport as a replacement for the Micra if it is retired from every-day duties. Just wasn't grabbed by the colours. Seen a red one the other day though and it looks OK............?

cisco

» CMF Member
Yes we did have a few great meets guys, the scene was definitely alive and well there for quite a while..

The best meet for me was the final Canberra meet, only because that was the only meet my car ever made it to. The best driving fun I probably ever had was the time Brendon and I were neck to neck between his GTiR and blue monster. Bluey was purring then and just felt so perfect to drive, everything was fresh and well maintained running beautifully.

I feel like my brain is going numb just driving the fairmont, but its serving its purpose for a while, and I'll definitely get something cool not too far down the track.

Yeah white knight was a very special car, I'm kind of sad that I never saw it in all its final glory, I bet it would be really something.

Yeah Nissan are a sad bunch thesedays in Aus. I have no sense of Nissan patriotism any more. I used to be a massive Nissan fan, now any of their cars that are good are all just so damn old now. They didn't keep it up, they lost their drive or something..

CMF_swiss n/a

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

BR>Yeah Nissan are a sad bunch thesedays in Aus. I have no sense of Nissan patriotism any more. I used to be a massive Nissan fan, now any of their cars that are good are all just so damn old now. They didn't keep it up, they lost their drive or something..

yeah thats true... and it is not only in australia going on like that with nissan. they really got nothing interesting wich you can buy as new... :,(

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Belated congratulations Dave! I guess I am lucky in the respect that I didn't have to part with Mikey to get my Swift, and in some ways I am glad too. For instance, went to the new Ikea showroom to buy some stuff...retail therapy I call it...before leaving I grabbed a tape measure to suss out who had the bigger boot area, and Mikey won! My god, she is a full six inches longer from the gear knob to the rear lip in the hatch. Couldn't believe it, so Mikey got to transfer goods back home, I get the feeling that she is quite proud that she still has advantages over Snowflake. lol

I believe that the Swift Sport already has forged pistons Cisco, or so I was told, so that if I wanted to go turbo, there isn't much to do.

Anyway, congrats again Dave, and I agree that we should make the twins honorary members of the micra site, maybe we could open a separate gallery for pics of mods as we go along :)

Cheers,
Caroline

cisco

» CMF Member
I just went and sat in a black Colt Ralliart.

Awesome interior, the car looks awesome. Top looking finish and badges and engine. MIVEC badges and love the crystal projector style headlights front and rear.

Interior feels ever so slightly plastic-ish, but am used to the velour and woodgrain in the fairmont. Love the gauges and stuff. Seems to have very decent sized brakes, and front strut brace..

Didn't like the solid axle, basically very similar setup to the micra.. But the colt's considerable extra weight means that I would prefer it to have IRS like the EVOs do.

Decent enough room in the front even for me, but not a huge boot or anything..

I was kind of getting pretty tempted today, but they also had no EVOs lying around to check out.

Also sat in a brand new Fairmont Ghia ($49000). But honestly, I mean I know technically its much better than our AUII fairmont (The great new engine, heaps better suspension etc, plus leather interior and lots more electronic features like electronic seats and GPS etc), but apart from that the basic foundations of how the car feels inside with the velour and woodgrain and way you sit is all pretty identical. Definitely not worth the difference between $10000 and $49000. The ford guy said there is a turbo XR4 Fiesta coming out about next March/April.. I had a look at the normal fiestas, and they are too much of a little economy **** box for my liking :)

I like the Colt a fair bit, but hmm.. No IRS, and feels a bit cheap. I think an EVO would kick compared to that. Complete traction. Traction control in a front wheel drive would be reasonable, but at the end of the day, it would end up just digging holes like blue monster..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The fiestas are absolute rubbish inside. They deteriorate very quickly which is a shame because they're a decent car on paper and when new they don't feel all that bad. Even more suprising is their big brother the focus is pretty darn average inside as well.

Evo interiors suffer the same problems as most small to medium cars these days but I think it would be safe to assume that you could look past the interior problems with that drivetrain underneath you..!

cisco

» CMF Member
Nice Toma, it looks pretty grunty for a 4cyl doesn't it!

And it makes that 177kw power at only 5600rpm - far out! Must be a quick spooling little thing, that's awesome.

I'm pretty sure one of my neighbours has the normal non-HSV Astra in that exact same shape, but the smaller, normal Holden wheels etc.

I personally don't like the look much, it feels like a massive hairdressor car to me, but the specs are certainly impressive.

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Swifty goes in Monday for a window tint and a paint glaze. Part of the deal I screwed out of them plus floor mats and a boot liner.
Gave Hack a real clean and a polish today.Still No1 in the garage.
Where do you source after market stuff for the Swift??WEb site??
I will start to look at a tubo etc.
Looked at the Colt also Cisco. I just do not like the shape at all and well inside to me was a bit plastic looking also.Pity as it hammers okay.
Have to meet up one day micragirl and put our stable of Swifts/Micras side by side.
I just hope the new buyer of Whitey logs on. He has all the details.
Come on Cisco buy a Swift and let the modding begin.

Back