Chris Hardmans grasstrack micra

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Hello all,

You might have seen Chris's Micra on my blog, here is a photo from if last year, but over the winter it has had a rebuld, as you can see from the photos below its looking very tidy!

The spec of this car is:
1.0 16v micra, all steel internals, and revs to 9400rpm
DTA ecu
Dogbox & AP clutch
CP-Msport Lighten Flywheel
AP discs and calipers
CP-Msport exhaust
Bike Carbs

Here is the car end of last year

DSC00072.jpg

And here it is now!

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

Cheers Manny, I'm going to keep my blog for rallying and put chris's micra and info on this one. It's looking really good.

nice! i was wondering why many of people in motorsport dont swap to SR20DE and keep these little engines?

Well most race events are restricted to a particular engine size along with further restrictions for modifications etc etc. Usually to keep budgets down down or things competitive.

\would imagine this is restricted to 1000cc, keeping cars silhouette and an engine that would come with this model.... and rather large book of further restrictions.

Looks great, actually mental! Ever had it on a dyno?

Well most race events are restricted to a particular engine size along with further restrictions for modifications etc etc. Usually to keep budgets down down or things competitive.

\would imagine this is restricted to 1000cc, keeping cars silhouette and an engine that would come with this model.... and rather large book of further restrictions.

Looks great, actually mental! Ever had it on a dyno?

Last I heard Chris is perusing other things at the moment. John Hardman does however still build engines and does many for the Super1000 series. They are reputed to pushing 130bhp out of the CG10DE engines, which on a bhp/litre level is where we are aiming with the CG13, (gives a little hint into 2012/13). I approached him to build an engine for us earlier in the year however for a number of reasons, which I will not discuss openly, it wasn't on the cards.

Hello all,

You might have seen Chris's Micra on my blog, here is a photo from if last year, but over the winter it has had a rebuld, as you can see from the photos below its looking very tidy!

The spec of this car is:
1.0 16v micra, all steel internals, and revs to 9400rpm
DTA ecu
Dogbox & AP clutch
CP-Msport Lighten Flywheel
AP discs and calipers
CP-Msport exhaust
Bike Carbs

Here is the car end of last year

DSC00072.jpg

And here it is now!

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00252.jpg
Savage job :) what mods are done to the engine mate? Could you please put up a blog on how to fit the bike carbs as it would help alot of people because no one really explains how to fit them.. Thanks :)

Back