chicks micra annoyin me!.. advice?

Shero

Ex. Club Member
So my girlfriends got my old red micra now, and i had the problem last winter a few times.

When its cold and been left for a day or 2 it wont start because the plugs / ht leads are getting damp. and then the cold start throws fuel into it flooding it.

Now i know how to fix it and have dun it twice since the weathers been in, just taking the plugs out clean them up ectectect.

But how can i stop it, just new leads and plugs???

So my girlfriends got my old red micra now, and i had the problem last winter a few times.

When its cold and been left for a day or 2 it wont start because the plugs / ht leads are getting damp. and then the cold start throws fuel into it flooding it.

Now i know how to fix it and have dun it twice since the weathers been in, just taking the plugs out clean them up ectectect.

But how can i stop it, just new leads and plugs???

Yeah man say that the only way

How on EARTH are your plugs getting damp?!?!

Unless your HT leads are majorly screwed, there is absolutely no way any electrical connections in the high voltage ignition circuit should be getting damp (unless of course you cross a river). If you're sure that's the problem (I'm dubious), then a squirt of WD40, and a bit of silicone grease when refitting the HT leads whould help keep the elements out (just make sure you still have a good connection).

The car shouldn't be flooding your engine (they tend to be quite clever). If it does, the ECU tends to have a flood-clear mode, although unfortunately I don't know what this would be on a micra (on another car I think I had to hold the throttle wide open while cranking..).

i have heard of this before my micra did it i just kept throttle open and cranked it, there was a type of recall years back it was to put a resistor in the loom near the thermostat or something i was told, it then alters the temp reading and stops the flooding, it was customer based only via a complaint. il ask one of the older techies at work.

hi pal i had this problem with my old polo and i got a can of electroseal and you get the ht leads dry and spray it on all igntion electrics i.e dizzy ht leads and it fixed the problem i think it was about £4 mark should fix it (Y)

Back