Hello! and pls give me advice..

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Hi everyone, I own a 95 slx in decent nic and for a while have been thinking of a trade-in and use my saved cash for a new car (maybe pulsar). All my mates have told me that my car really suits me though and lately I'm beginning to agree with them.

It's bouncy, chirpy (fwd go figure.), quick and agile. Long story short, after a lot of consideration, I've decided to keep her for the long-haul. I now have 2000 dollars to throw at it. After reading all of the posts and seeing the wicked micras on display for me to drool at I've decided to power her out first and then make her look good.I need some info from anyone willing to help (i have msn for anyone willing to donate there knowledge and time to me). I have one really annoying question about my micra that i hope someone can answer for me; Why doesn't my dash have a Tacho(rpm) gauge in it because I noticed seemingly everyone else has one.

I want to buy and install better, lower springs (are there any?) for suspension - info on locating these, or a shop that sells and installs them would be greatly appreciated.

Next up will definitely be the exhaust (entire replacement) - removing the entire system and replacing it with extractors and 2" exhaust. Lots of info needed here - basically I just don't want to get ripped off or not have the most beneficial type of upgrade.

At the same time as exhaust I obviously want to improve my air intake. Cold air intake, what are my options, should i ask shops, or can you guys give solid advice for me?

After the above, I think the next thing to do is get it dyno'd and tuned (should I do this immediately after upgrading air intake and exhaust?)

There are things that I think I need to fix before any of these upgrades however like, 'bad idle' vibrating gearstick (have aftermarket knob but now that i know that that is half the problem I'm going to source an original and have my own design fabricated on top of it). Most importantly I have really bad Hatch rattle because some ******* 'hit and run' my car while I was asleep, the body is now fully fixed and I have replaced the hatch rubber seals but it rattles terribly for some reason? :(

Any advice for any of these questions will be so helpful to me. Thanks.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Hey Tony, your car looks really good but I'm looking forward to fixing my car up, as it is my first car and holds a special place haha. Honestly I don't care that its a money sinkhole, Saving money to work on this car is probably the only reason I even go to work.

Back