Changing water pump

the same way like changing the timing belt ;)
1. remove the wheel
2. remove the inner plastic fender (to get to the lower bolts and the engine mount bolts)
3. remove the engine mount (very tricky, you need small hands and patience)
4. remove the top timing belt cover
5. turn the engine with the pulley until the marks on the camshaft wheel and the cylinderhead align (should be on 11 o'clock if I remember right) and of course the pulley should point to the ot mark
6. remove the pulley and then the bottom cover
7. loose the belt and remove it
8. change water pump and put all back together

be careful with the timing belt! check the ot marks twice!

Where is the ot mark on the bottom pulley? Is it a little nick in the metal?

I really need a haynes manual lol

put in the first gear and then unbolt it oO.... I don't know why so many people have problems with it (heard from several people)... If this does not work, block the pulley with a screwdriver or something...

btw I think the bottom cover does not need to be removed... you can leave it, but untension the belt and then change waterpump.
Not the clean version of doing this, but it should work and as I said before be really careful with the timing marks

Ok so I've replaced the gasket cause the pump was fine but it's still leaking grr

It's not a massive amount but it will need topping up every 4/5days and I can't be arsed with doing that

And on top of that my fan doesn't kick in so that's something else that needs looking into.... yay fun

Ok so I've replaced the gasket cause the pump was fine but it's still leaking grr

It's not a massive amount but it will need topping up every 4/5days and I can't be arsed with doing that

And on top of that my fan doesn't kick in so that's something else that needs looking into.... yay fun

I'm guessing the pump wasn't fine and it's leaking through the bearings, either that or you didn't smooth the surfaces before fitting

Smoothed the surfaces so it wouldn't be that, and there was absolutely no play in the pump to suggest the bearings were shot to top it off the water pump I bought had less teeth than the one on the car

doesnt exactly leak when theres play! it might just leak through.... my pump felt perfectly fine but i swapped it over and its perfectly fine

same on the k11,pump perfect looking little water marks out the bleed hole gave it away
kept it as a emergency back up anyway

Back