Water Pump

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hello

Can anyone tell me if a water pump from a 1.0 K10 (K reg) would fit a 1.2 K reg engine with all the emissions crap on it?

Also, the pump isnt that old, but would the gasket need to be renewed or could i use the existing one.

Ta

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
Hello

Can anyone tell me if a water pump from a 1.0 K10 (K reg) would fit a 1.2 K reg engine with all the emissions crap on it?

Also, the pump isnt that old, but would the gasket need to be renewed or could i use the existing one.

Ta

Have you tried mating it up to the engine? Most of the times smaller engines are the same block with either a larger/longer/smaller bore and stroke so all ancillaries fit. At a guess I'd say yes it's going to fit unless theres a major engine change at your year. The gasket I wouldn't reuse. Get a tube of Hylomar blue.

Charlotte

I cant remember off the top of my head, but is the timing belt tooth profile the same 1.0 <> 1.2 ? If not the pully on the pump will be wrong and im not sure if they can be changed.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
A new pump will have a new gasket?! DO NOT use an old one. They are only cheap £25-30, and do the cam belt at the same time if your doing the water pump.

Ed

bobsp16

Site Supporter
all water pumps are the same apart from some of the early 1.0 ones have square teeth and later have rounded but just check what teeth shape you have on before you buy one.

OP
OP
Arnold

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The pump isnt that old, 18 months at most, but im getting a MA12 and want to transfer it over. If i could get the gasket on its own, then great!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Arnold dont be so tight and get a new one. Even if one was 6 months old I would be hesitant to re-use it. Good point bob about the difference in belt pullies.

Ed

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
why? its a balance between the hassle of having to for any random reason replace it soon after you put a new engine in. new water pump and belt, and everything is guaranteed to be fine!