water pump problem

ok doing the timing belt so decided to change water pump while i'm in there. any way ordered the timing belt kit and pump from ebay and everything arrived friday,so i attacked it saturday afternoon.so i stripped it down and lo and behold when i got to the pump there was the cause of the rattle in the engine, the bearing was totally shot and the sprocket on the pump was wobbling all over the place! anyhoo i cracked on with changing it and then i twigged the pumps were different. they look identical but on closer inspection the teeth on the old pump are like half moon shape but the teeth on the new one are like square cut so the belt wont sit on it properly. so now the car is in pieces on the driveway and i have to walk to work 2moro. ######! so why 2 differrent pumps.? is one for a 1.2?:down:

you have to be carefull, the earlier micras had the pumps with the square teeth. pre 88 iirc, and post 88 had the rounded teeth, so you need to buy a pump with the rounded teeth unfortunately

you have to be carefull, the earlier micras had the pumps with the square teeth. pre 88 iirc, and post 88 had the rounded teeth, so you need to buy a pump with the rounded teeth unfortunately
thanks mate. btw i asked the guy i bought it off was it the correct pump and he said yes!

well he was lying, just check ebay for micra waterpumps and theres 2 different ones square is the earlier engine and the later ones are rounded teeth

thanks mate. btw i asked the guy i bought it off was it the correct pump and he said yes!

Well at least you shouldn't have any problems getting a refund. Annoying though he probably didn't even bother to check and just said yes so you'd buy it

Back