Changing speedo bulbs

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
all you do is pull the old one out and put the new one in.
just put new ones in the same way that you pulled the old ones out. and before putting it all back together plug the speedo cluster back in and check to make sure all are working before putting everything together.

CMF_sparcolite

» CMF Member
chrispurvis100 WROTE:

"Any have any idea on the procedure for changing the above. Have heard that its fairly simple, just liked to be clued up before I go dis-mantling my fiancee's car!<BR><BR>Chris

Do a search on this topic.

There's a total of 3 screws holdin e cowling iirc. Remove it and e rest is very str forward.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
My right hand drive K11 takes more than 3 screws...

I believe the 3 screws described above are the ones at the bottom of the cowling.

Right hand screw, no problem.

Middle screw. Can see it between the cowl & the plastic cover that goes around the steering column. My K11 doesn't have an adjustable column so there's no way of getting a screwdriver at it. Remove the covers that go around the steering column, 4 screws underneath.

Left hand screw totally hidden. First remove the trim around the heater controls / radio /vents = 4 screws.

Once those threre screws are removed, the cowling can be lifted out.

You can unscrew the instrument cluster (more screws), disconnect the speedo cable & electrical connectors & you'll then have the cluster in your hands. You might not have to do this if you can reach behind & get at the bulb you need to change.

Back