2002 tempest Speedo bulbs question

Hi guys, I'm looking at a 2002 tempest...It has a different dash than my old SR, I noticed the speedo bulb lights have bulbs goine, is it a simple job to remove the cowling to get to the back of the speedo? or is it a dash out job on these newer K11's. Cheers. Also the rear high level LED brake light seems to not be functioning, guess it will be the joint between the tailgate....but any advice appreciated - Blanes

2 screws for the surround and 3 to remove the instrument cluster. Takes 5 mins max. I've never had the high level brake light fault but i believe the break in the wiring ( if it is that) is usually in the rubber tubing area.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There's 4 screws holding on the cowling, 2 above the clocks and 2 to the sides of the steering column.

The brake light problem could be the little black wire (earth) that sometimes snaps inside the rubber tube thing on the right side of the bootlid.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

There's 4 screws holding on the cowling, 2 above the clocks and 2 to the sides of the steering column.

The brake light problem could be the little black wire (earth) that sometimes snaps inside the rubber tube thing on the right side of the bootlid.

Not on a 2002 model there isn't. There's just 2 screws either side of the steering column that holds the cowl on.

Not on a 2002 model there isn't. There's just 2 screws either side of the steering column that holds the cowl on.

Ah I right I was also thinking about the 2 above the clocks for splitting the cowl in half. That black wire is an ass to fix I'd say, I saw mine just in time and taped up the insulation before the wire itself broke

Back