changing rear shoes..

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
is THE SHYTEE'EST job to do on an ST

i hate drum brakes with a passion, with all of me!!!

Drum brakes....replaced quite a few on different Micra's, some can be right mares to fix as they tend to be forgotten about. Some good Brush on/Spray cleaner will make it shiny.....and show all the Rust!

NB: some might have a retainer screw on the Drum ???

frank, i have a lot of respect for your knowledge and your posts are ALWAYS helpful, but on this i cannot have my mind changed..

what a stupid useless piece of shyte thing march drum brakes are... there is NOTHING enjoyable about changing them... i even rubbed back the drums and gave them a nice coat of black paint and the reward factor was about 0.1% of what you'd get from changing your air filter

stupid crappy useless job!

frank, i have a lot of respect for your knowledge and your posts are ALWAYS helpful, but on this i cannot have my mind changed..

what a stupid useless piece of shyte thing march drum brakes are... there is NOTHING enjoyable about changing them... i even rubbed back the drums and gave them a nice coat of black paint and the reward factor was about 0.1% of what you'd get from changing your air filter

stupid crappy useless job!

Only changed mine the other day absulute disaster!the amount of springs and those retaining springs are a bastid

yep farkin hate them, and the little clip that the brake shoe people DONT give you, so u gotta find something that fits close or reuse the old one which is just rediculous

disc brakes were the best invention just for simplicitys sake!

i reckon starlet rear discs would fit

the little clip that the brake shoe people DONT give you, so u gotta find something that fits close or reuse the old one which is just rediculous

The Horseshoe clip needs to be renewed. Any Garage should be able to supply you a couple for the price of a Beer :)

the horseshoe clip can go eat a big donkeys nob and die choking on it....

but thanks for the tip ;)

Haha never had a problem with these at all, they are only really tricky if the drums are so worn the shoes stop them coming off.

Its like the cambelts, when you know the tricks they are dead simple to do.

Nothing more satisfying getting the rear drums working properly, and hearing the auto adjusters doing their job like they should ;) haha

getting the springs back into place is the hardest thing i found, remembering where everything goes, what order to do it in, and then having the right tools to slip all the springs back in place

Haha the garage that did my friends K10 apparantly the guy who was supposed to be changing them never stopped swearing all afternoon till he was done!

actually that opens up a new question for me...

should the auto adjusters be clicking away when,

brakes are applied any time
hand brake
or stopping in reverse

?

Back