changed instrument lights now instrument will not light

hey all,purple hobbit had a light go on the instrument cluster so thought while changing it i'd change them all to blue,now they don't work,i've tried putting the old ones back in and still nothing,the usual lights work,indicators and check light etc when turning the ignition on,but at night when turning on the lights it's just blackness,makeing it near impossible to tell how fast i'm going,or how much petrol there is,i've checked fuses and all seem fine,so now at a loss and ready to break something,so please has anyone got any ideas? much appreciated

If they're led make sure you put them in the right way round as they only work one way.

Silly question, all 3 plugs are in the right order at the back of the dials?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

thanks for reply,yeah all 3 plugs are in the correct way in the back of the cluster,hard to tell in the daylight, so will wait for dark to try turning them all around to see if that helps,though unlikely i've put them all in the wrong way round,they look just like the original ones i replaced only with a blue tint.

thanks for reply,yeah all 3 plugs are in the correct way in the back of the cluster,hard to tell in the daylight, so will wait for dark to try turning them all around to see if that helps,though unlikely i've put them all in the wrong way round,they look just like the original ones i replaced only with a blue tint.

you can check if the light wire is getting any power, its a red wire with a blue line. just take that connector off the back and hook up an LED to the red/blue wire on + and ground it

Frank you're a gentleman:). well oddly everything started working on its own acord! not sure how but it did,maybe a loose conection or something that reconnected while fiddleing with it,only now the clock light doesn't work! sacrifice i'm willing to make,may have another fiddle with it,see if i cant break something else lol,thank you everyone for your help/offers:)

Maybe i have something similar to this but my temp sensor hasnt worked since i had my dials out once for painting.. hmm :)

i maybe wrong,but i reckon that the flimsy electrical conecting plastic sheet at the back of the dials move a little when putting the connector plugs back in resulting in a poor connection.

Back