instrument cluster mileage issue

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
I just bought an instrument cluster of an SR k11 tachometer-one for a prefacelift, as mine's without the tachometer.. now my prob is.. that mine has actually done 51K and the one I bought has around 117K...

any ideas around guys how to get the mileage to match it up?

at work I've talked my mates about it..and they said I should try connecting the cable to the drill-chuck and reverse it rather than going forward..but is this possible? and what about the needle..would it try to go down due to mileage reversing rather than adding up as normal..?

one last thing.. regarding the tachometer, I know about the blue wire I've gotta tap from the dizzy, but where should I tap it on the insturment cluster... any colour wire in particular?

cheers guys,

I'd really like to solve these issues as these gonna affect the MOT as the person doing MOT logs the mileage each time.. Also it's too fake the have the car showing fake mileage..

thanks for helping out micra ppl!

Ian - Malta

i took the cluster apart and look at the back of the mileage there is a metl rod on the top in to u clip when you look you will know i just then carefully unclip his allowing the dial to be change to what ever mileage you want i got it spot on, be careful it can go all wrong if not, dont use a drill it will damage the internals of the drive unit. as for the wire il check tomorrow

i took the cluster apart and look at the back of the mileage there is a metl rod on the top in to u clip when you look you will know i just then carefully unclip his allowing the dial to be change to what ever mileage you want i got it spot on, be careful it can go all wrong if not, dont use a drill it will damage the internals of the drive unit. as for the wire il check tomorrow

You're d best mate!! I'll be getting the cluster soon enough and first thing will sort out the mileage issue... I'll be keen to solve the tachometer mileage issue too chief!

thanks again man! One gud reason to own a k11 is this great place here!! connecting driver in one place!

Ian - Malta

Or, you could do the really easy thing, and swap the speedo over from each one?

4 screws, 2 around the speedo drive, and 2 for the electrical connections, all up on that raised bit of plastic round the back. Then pull the speedo out the front, and replace it with the one from the old set.

As for the tacho, try plugging it in first, it might work straight off. I know mine did.

Or, you could do the really easy thing, and swap the speedo over from each one?

4 screws, 2 around the speedo drive, and 2 for the electrical connections, all up on that raised bit of plastic round the back. Then pull the speedo out the front, and replace it with the one from the old set.

As for the tacho, try plugging it in first, it might work straight off. I know mine did.

good idea mate.. I'll think about that..as the one I bought has a green background, whilst the stock one is still in balck backgroundd.. haha Else i'll have the centre black and the sides greenish :D

Just gonna go ahead and reopen this here thread, anyone know how to do said task on digital odometer? or will it be a case of swapping speedos?

Back