Change position of steering

I´m from the city of Iquique-Chile in South America, here we have a free zone so we can buy used cars from Japan, this will be very strange for you, but how you know the position of the steering from cars from Japan is the same in UK, but here in Chile the rules said that the steering must be in the right, you can ask how it is possible, well here we have many mechanicals garages that make the change possible, at the begining ten years ago they cut the thothed bar but these was so dangerous, in the present they change for new thothed bar, imagine all the changes that must be do:

CHANGE DE STEERING COLUMN
CHANGE THE INSTRUMENT PANEL
CHANGE THE PEDALS
INSIDE THE ENGINE THE CLUTCH PEDAL, BRAKE PEDAL, THROOTLE PEDAL
ALL THE ELECTRIC CABLES FROM THE INSTRUMENT PANEL

They delay between 15 to 20 days in one car

In my case my Nissan March 2005 had a price of about U$ 3.600
The change of steering U$ 700

For us is very convenient being a 2005 model with 46.000 kms the car is almost new.

CURIOSITIES OF THE WORLD.

Interesting Juan, doen't just happen in Chile either. Because the Japanese MOT is so strict, and the cars are right hand drive, there is a huge market in the UK for importing nearly new Japanese cars as well :).

am i missing something? UK right hand drive, Japan right hand drive, he says above chillie is right hand drive also, so if he's importing a car from japan to chillie why does he need to convert it?

Sorry friends I made a mistake, here we drive cars with the steering at right side looking the car from the front, of course If you are seating inside is the right seat, my explanation was not good, I hope now is clear.

Play nice guys, I bet Juan speaks English better than you speak Chilean :).

The place where I live is a dry desert, my city is an important port in the coast of Chile, we have many copper mines here, all the used cars that comes from Japan are right hand steering, EE. UU. and Korea comes with original steering, nobody buys northamerican cars for the theme of fuel comsuption and expensive parts, also quality is poor due to the bad maintenance of yankee´s ancient owners, Korean cars are good and economic, the name of the free zone is ZOFRI that means free zone of Iquique, also we have a soccer team in the First Division of Chile (Premier League in Great Britain) the name of the club is Club de Deportes Iquique.

In the future I´ll send photos of my orange colored 2005 Nissan March and some photos of my city.

Well my english is not the best but I defend me, I studied in the Iquique English College.

To end one of my hobbies is the high end audio you have excellent machines Linn, Naim, Wilson Audio, Meridian, Cambridge congratulations.

Many years ago many english citizens live here in the gold era of nitrate.

Back