Brake Pedal Position?

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
If theres anyone as tall as me here 6'4'' then you will know that a k11 can be tricky to drive requiring me to put my leg in an unatural position (both knees on the left hand side of the steering wheel) to brake properly. If i have my right knee on the right of the wheel i can only get the edge of my foot on the brake, not able to exert much pressure and the chance of it slipping off!

Is it posible to set the back brake pedal further back? I know it shouldn't be below accelerator level but as its quite a bit above that it could certainly go back some!

Any help appreciated thank! :)

ceirwan

you could shorten the rod but if it failed for any reason it would be deadly
can,t you relocate the seat rails ?

Damn, thought it was maybe an easy adjustment!
Could do the seat rails but i guess you'd need to reinforce the new anchoring points as well, and lose space in the back.
Its easily driveable as is, it just feel sort of wrong having my knee there! I have no issues with braking or owt else. (except i can't heel toe unless i'm braking insanely hard)

ceirwan

i would use the original mount points but have the rails welded further forward on the seat frame

Its not worth that much!
And tbh it was just if i could get a quick fix, i just went out for a burn and its not to much of an issue.

Back