CG13 to GA16 conversion. Exhaust?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
How badly is the GA16 exhaust manifold from an almera misaligned from the micra system? Is a custom manifold the only way? Doesn't seem to have been covered here or over Cisco way...

could i use almera flexi? will have whole donor car so the more of it i use the more moneys worth i get

could i use almera flexi? will have whole donor car so the more of it i use the more moneys worth i get
sure, just join the pipes under the driveshaft eh, or else buy a £74 stainless steel 4/2/1 mani (+ the usa shipping costs :rolleyes: ).
the janspeed mani gets away without a flexi because its so thin and flexes with the engine mounts, but any solid mani will need one really

you can use the one on the almera between the bottom of the down pipe and the cat, but if you make a custom down pipe it will need to flex

My custom exhaust GA16 into my Micra Super S :)

20120425684.jpg

040520121572.jpg

040520121581.jpg

040520121584.jpg

040520121589.jpg

and Catback

100520121593.jpg

Thread from the dead but I've already made like 3 threads on this topic already so don't wanna make another for one little thing. I know the almera GB will fit without mount changes etc but the no of splines on the almera diff is different to micra. Can I make a hybrid almera/micra driveshaft by disassembling the GB end CV on the micra shaft replacing with the equivelent part from the almera? That way I can use almera GB which will make boost a little easier for the mechanical stuff to palate

Its easiest to chop your almera and micra shafts and stick em together. Saves a lot of hassle with hub changes etc plus it gets you the right length
That's how I did mine and it works perfectly :)
I looked into bearing change to accept larger cv joints but all the bigger bearings didnt fit the micras shafts

So the cv inner and ball bearing race on the micra shaft won't fit in the almera cv outer?

As far as I remember no unfortunately :(
The bearing fit the bigger shafts and micra shaft is just too skinny.
Not saying its not possible at all but I tried almera, primera, sunny and 100nx to no avail. Still have all the shafts kicking about too if ypu need a spare

Thats fine, what about a hybrid clutch then what can I mix and match, or will the almera clutch fit? or am I looking at a high spec micra one for boost duty? If so I figure the micra clutch will handle a standard 100hp

Only guessing but if I remember right a standard ga16 clutch should fit. As for mixing and matching I couldn't say.
For boost duty providing I'm correct with the ga clutch I'd go for your high spec clutch there

I'm a bit lost though. Read your blog but im none the wiser. Have you done a ga16 conversion? Or high spec cg13 with ga gearbox? Might be able to help you a bit more then with this info

I have the doner car sitting in the previous owners drive, but I want to do the conversion in 1 weekend so need to plan everything out. Will get the info all together in one place on my blog after.

Its possible to do the conversion that quick. I did it myself over a weekend. Except drive shafts as I sent them off to a friend. That would be your only hold up
What are your plans for your driveshafts?

keep gb and driveshafts stock, am cutting the chassis leg and welding it up (Tigged by an aerospace coded welder, so strength loss is pretty much a non issue) to clear the water pump. Will probably countersink the bolts too.

Won't that pull your gb mount out of line?
Your cg13 gearbox will fit onto the ga16 block saving you the driveshaft issue? Unless that's what you meant?

Back