ga16 ecu on cg13 engine

mik

» CMF Member
Gday,

i thought about what or if any improvements will be reconigzed if you put an ecu of a ga16 into an micra with an cg13, but with injectors of the ga16 installed.

any opinions?
the cg13 with only those ga16 injectors is running good, but a bit to rich.

Attachments

• 12198.jpg
    12198.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 46

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
none what so ever, you will probably get notice a loss in power depending on which ga16 ecu you use

stick to stock t/b and the k11 ecu, unless you have a very high tune micra

Attachments

• 12201.jpg
    12201.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 44

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
MAF is built into the throttle body (Euro GA16DE).
The variable cam timing GA16DE's of course have the more standard separate MAF but I doubt their ECU would be usable because they'd be mapped expecting the changes in inlet cam angle.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i have ga16de ecu and TB and it works fine. idle needed setting up and fuel pressure increased, or could use ga16de injectors and not need the fuel pressure regulator.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
It would probably help if you swapped all GA sensors over to the CG and you used the ECU from a non-VCT motor.

Is it worth the cost and stuffing around to do it?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i think the uk ga16de is non variable type. so thats not a problem. it cost me £10 to get 1.6 ecu/TB/injectors from scrapyard. so it was an inexpensive modification and can feel the extra pull from the engine. a remap would make better use of it though.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i dont know. i'm not bothered about fuel economy versus performance setup on my car so i never check it. i'm guessing if more power is made more fuel is used though.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah no point mixing and matching ECUs.

Yeah "GA16" sounds like a bigger more powerful engine, and it is, But its tuning settings could be anything compared to ours. Throw all those settings at our engine and its pretty much a stab in the dark.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
its a stab in the dark , but it works. not perfectly but i feel its better than without. if i ever get cash to afford a before and after dyno i would give it a go. its not too difficult to swap and change them over. to sum up the mod in terms of what it does for me, i feel like more torqe and power is given at low and mid range, but feels a little less rev happy/eager at top, and general rev "smoothness" is not quite so good. but that negative is outweighed by the positive of the extra power felt from it. this can be sorted with a remap i would guess.

cisco

» CMF Member
Just the general risks of putting on a whole different ECU without running the car over a dyno etc, anything could happen, detonation, starvation etc Its risky for your engine. Although it sounds like a few people have perhaps done this GA16 ECU swap, so its already proven that it shouldn't destroy the engine.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
yes wouldnt reccomend it for a turbo setup unless it has been fully mapped. unless 1.6 injectors or fuel regulator adjusted to max it will run lean so watch out for that. can use the ecu led diagnostic to check if its lean or ok, that is what i did to see that it was lean and needed adjusting.

Back