Cg13 questions

Hi all i know these questions proby been asked loads of times, ive done some seraching and its mixed anwsers in defferent threads, im new to the k11 and their engines, im quite capable of tuning & doing the work myself. I want to go the n/a route and im not after big power just a few more ponies :)

1. are the cg10 pistons a straight swap - as in no head/gasket change needed ?

2. is the 1.0 gearbox a straight swap - no need to change the fly & clutch ?

3. do i need to use the cg13 ecu instead of the cg10 ?

4. any engine parts i should replace other than usual seals & gaskets ?

5. any other mods/work i can do while the engine is apart ?

Thanks for any help! :)

1. Cg10 pistons are straight swap onto cg13 conrods other than that there's no need to replace anything else

2. Pre 98 1.0 gearbox is different to post 98 (facelift) box so you'll be running the 1.0 flywheel and clutch which means a 160mm pressure plate, this restricts the tuning potential as only hold up to around 100-110 bhp, the 1.3 clutch and flywheel have different input shaft splines to pre facelift 1.0.
so ideally you want a 1998 on 1.0 flywheel and box on the 1.3 engine this will give you a 180mm clutch pressure plate that can handle a bit more power and a lighter flywheel than the 1.3 version.

3. Cg10 Ecu works fine.

4.other than crank seals, gaskets and the clutch you should be able to replace anything else as and when required.

5. Janspeed exhaust or similar and a good intake system is a good start. Cams if you are wanting to go further with it.

1. is it worth gving the cylinders a quick honing ?

2. ok i have 97 1.0 box, just wanted it for the shorter ratio, are the gears changable ?

Also it has a rev counter, are these electronic or mechincal driven ?

Ah cool cheers for the info!

1. i doubt you will get the oil control rings to seal after being disturbed

2. different clusters on the rs5f41 and rs5f30 g/boxes

and the tacho runs from the rpm signal from the dizzy

Been reading up on throttle bodies, my micra does not have nats, so a ga16 unit needs mods(blanking plates) but the ga15 doesnt need any mods ?

Ga16 injectors are better but possibly over fuel without a piggyback to sort it out ?

I've a GA15 throttle body on mine, no mods to fit and we worked out the MAF is the same so nothing needs changing there either.
As far as injectors go I've the GA15 pink injectors which I think are a similar size to the GA16, with Nistune we dialled back the constant the ECU uses to work out injector pulses but the tuner ended up adding it back in anyway to get it to run right. So take from that what you like.

Personally I'd Nistune as vrs a piggyback it's cheap for what it is, and you just plug your ECU back in and allows more and better tuning than a piggyback.

ive got ga16 parts on the way now, does the stock ecu need chipping ? who the guy to know who does it ?

I thought it didnt have NATS but it does :(

Turns out fusion is only is 45mins from me, cheers for that, i am surprized that it is soo cheap to do it, wish my link g4 on my stagea was that cheap lol

Back