Cg10de+t Is Here!!!

Yes after a long 10 weeks i finaly have my car and i just this minute got home from picking it up and al i can say is.....nothing...im speechless!!!!

I did however be naughty and go on boost 2 seconds of drving it anf cuple of times on the way home but was only half boost so im hoping it wasnt any damage caused to the pistons!

I kind figured how to drive it now without a rev counter fitted,lol but i will fit it asap!

one problem i have is that my speedo decided to stop working....anyone tell me the reasons for this...they did have the gear box out at some point culd it be the sensor?

manyu thnaks jas :) :) :)

Your speedo will be cable driven so maybe the cable has come loose at one end? Check the gearbox and the back of your dials to make sure it's all in good and proper.

You wont need a guide, just look at the gearbox and maybe remove and re-insert the speedo cable. It's the thing you take off to fill the box up with oil. Also check behind the dials to make sure it's clipped in the back. I'd imagine with all your recent work, it'l be your gearbox side thats at fault!

yeah im guessign it is arnold because they did refill the gearbox with fresh oil!
but where is this filler thing to as i had trouble finindg it last time?

It's on the top of the gearbox, you should be able to see a speedo cable coming out the top of it! If it isn't then that's your problem right there lol

Hi finally someone else with a 1 litre turbo. What sort of power do you estimate to be running? What exact work have you had done?

Cheers
Paul

same here. did they give you an estimate on how much power they think it may produce at about 6000 rpm?

hope you have fun with it anyhow. :D

Fordy you didnt read what he said.

"it made 60bhp ust under 3,000rpm when mapping it"

So you can actually work it out approximately.

60bhp@3000rpm=105lb/ft (a nice figure from a 1.0)
From an educated rough guess I would say 85lb/ft @ 6000 is a safe conservative number.
So turn this back into bhp 85lb/ft@6000=97bhp (from 55stock).

I think youll find at this current level of boost a realistic estimate as an absoulute minimum its likely to be.

Nice work micra.jas the pics of the install in your blog look great.

hey awesome man, i didnt realise i would get such a good response, but ed u estimate/guess that it will be 97bhp but surely it will be quicker then that?

i just put my vynal on the sides of the car today to advertise the tuning place were i got it done and started doing my gauges/door cards and then de-cat...so many things to do and so little time before JAE :(.

cheers i will get a video up soon as possible. jas :)

I would say that is a realistic minimum to be honest, it depends on so many things, I would not be surprised if it was more, but I would be surprised if it was less. How much boost are you running?

whats this about filling the box up through the speedo cable hole! is it different on 1ltr's? i had to drain/fill my box on the 1.3 few weeks back and the filler plug ( well what i thought was the filler plug!) was nowhere near the speedo cable?? can anyone shed some light? ta, Tom

IMO i would have just got the 1.3 in it before hand...that sort of powerincrease in my mind is not worth the wait or the money!!

but still well done

The swap to the 1.3 (bar a remap) should be straightforward (ignoring gearbox issues) - it's not about the power, he'll have a shedload more torque - should be a very good match for a 1.3 with the usual exhaust mods.

Although a 1.3 lump would be nicer :D

The swap to the 1.3 (bar a remap) should be straightforward (ignoring gearbox issues) - it's not about the power, he'll have a shedload more torque - should be a very good match for a 1.3 with the usual exhaust mods.

totally agree, this car will be very swift im sure of it, but yes 1.3 for the win but all in good time ay jas.

Back