ST is alive again..

Fixed the hole and removed the rust from the tank and rebuilt the fuel pump. Added fuel, new battery and crossed my finger's and turned the key...........it's alive again after 6 years sitting idle, but have a MAJOR problem.
The idle is erractic, causing rev counter to jump but not a misfire. Pulled out the ecu which has two led's (red & green) which flicker when the idle jumps, any idea's guys. I remember having this issue when i first got the car when fitting an alarm system to it. I had left the ignition on when i reconnected the battery and this caused the same erractic idle then, drove home but did not have time to look at it as i was going on holiday that night so i disconnected the battery as i would be away for 2 weeks to keep it charged . When i returned from holiday i reconnected the battery and all was well again. Thought i had spiked the ecu and the disconnect had allowed it to reset but no such luck this time....HELP !..

Probably a case off clean up all electronic connections and a thorough service first off :) 6 years is a long time sat idle

I have started at the battery first. Fitted new battery terminals and cleaned up alot of the earth terminals but still have the problem. I know the leds are to flash codes to diagnose problems but this eractic idle is a bit concerning. I think i will check the dash wiring loom and ecu's.

Was hoping it wasn't the ecu as the chances of get one never mind a lend of one are virtually zero.....I will just have to keep trying other things....

Back