CG shims

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
after fitting some piper cams and noticing the absolute canyon of a gap between shim and lobe, and doing some research, i think im going to have to have at bash and franks shim-under-the-bucket aproach to sort clearances. if anyone has a full set knocking about or can get some(breaking car etc) than please let me know. thanks all, Tom.

after fitting some piper cams and noticing the absolute canyon of a gap between shim and lobe, and doing some research, i think im going to have to have at bash and franks shim-under-the-bucket aproach to sort clearances. if anyone has a full set knocking about or can get some(breaking car etc) than please let me know. thanks all, Tom.

i had to grind my spare (underbucket) shims down to 71 thou" for the pipers tom (a bit of a mission tbh)
the autosprint cam was more straightforward tho (he ground 2.5mm off the base circle to achieve the correct profile, which is the same (average) size as a stock shim) :)

hi frank ,
you said :'i had to grind my spare (underbucket) shims down to 71 thou" for the pipers '....which shims did you start with? ta..

cool, thought as much, so if any one has a set of these please let me know! also im assuming its a machine shop job to have them ground to required thickness?ta

cool, thought as much, so if any one has a set of these please let me know! also im assuming its a machine shop job to have them ground to required thickness?ta

i tried to skim them on a mates surface grinder, but the magnetic base would,nt hold them (they,re too small), and they spat out :doh:.
so i ended doing them by hand with a belt sander, with them held in an old cam bucket with a handle hammered on :p
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13385&stc=1&d=1249912870

Attachments

• PICT0463.JPG
    PICT0463.JPG
    768.9 KB · Views: 251
Back