• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Central Locking not working

Hi all,

My central locking on the passenger door has decided to only work very infrequently when the driver's door is unlocked. It seems to make all the right noises, but...nothing.

However, it unlocks perfectly, and operates the driver's door when I unlock the car from the passenger door!

Any idea what could be wrong??

Thanks for your help.

Danny

Hi all. today I unlocked my micra using remote. all doors unlocked apart from front passanger door. If I lock the passanger door manually it locks all other doors but other doors or remote central locking cannot lock/unlock the passanger fron door. Can anyone give any suggestion? I remember last time my son pulled the handle the same time I was unlocking the car so don't know if that would have some to do with it. :suspect:

Remove passenger door trim
Sit in car with all doors closed
Trigger remote locking
Check if lock actuator is receiving power and earth in passenger door
If it is, you know its the actuator
If not check the wiring, especially where it comes out the door into the door frame.

Any I've had problems with have been full of water.

Remove passenger door trim
Sit in car with all doors closed
Trigger remote locking
Check if lock actuator is receiving power and earth in passenger door
If it is, you know its the actuator
If not check the wiring, especially where it comes out the door into the door frame.

Any I've had problems with have been full of water.

Thanks for your reply Getawaycar.
The door does randomly work off the central locking. I noticed sometimes when I press the lock button on the remote the doors loc & unlock straight away. Does this give you a clue of what it is?

Thanks

N1SMO

If the lock rod isnt moving far enough it will spring it back open, like when you try to lock the doors with one open.
When the actuator fills with water/dampness it stops the rod going back far enough and acts like that.

Back