Central Locking Not Working

Hi everyone, I have a 2002 (52) K11 1.4 Auto Tempest. The central locking does not work at all from the fob, I can lock and unlock all four doors using the key in the drivers door. The car is new to me, i was told the central locking was not working and at the price the car was i took a chance on it

Heres what i have tried to no success yet....so now a bit stuck.

1) Changed both fob batteries for brand new - No change.
2) Try reprogramming following a recommended procedure on here... 6 Times off to On, Hazards flash twice to say i have entered programme mode, hold unlock button then press lock 3 times.....NOTHING HAPPENS HERE!....then put ignition back to on...hazard flash twice telling me i have left the programming mode. Unfortunately no luck fob still does not work
3) I read on here somewhere (cant find the link now)....that the central locking control module sometimes needs a reset after being deactive for a while due to possible dead fobs. So i unplugged the smaller of the two plugs to the control module. This causes all the doors to lock. I then put the plug back after a minute, the door remains locked. I think the post suggested it should re open....This leads me to believe there maybe a fault in this module....or am i going down the wrong path.

So with that in mind.......any ideas....i would like to test the central locking control module is there anyway of doing this? The fobs seem ok...

Failing that is there anyone on here that does key programming etc that maybe able to have a look im in exeter devon.

Can you try another fob? The switches on the black fob thats on the back of the key tends to break. If they are indeed broken you can just solder some new switches on it.

Can you try another fob? The switches on the black fob thats on the back of the key tends to break. If they are indeed broken you can just solder some new switches on it.

Thanks for your post, I have two fobs and both do the same.....in my mind i thought it would be unlikely for both to have gone as one was only a spare....are the keys easy to open i opened up the key to change the battery but not sure how to access the actual internals aparts from pulling them apart?

Thanks for your post, I have two fobs and both do the same.....in my mind i thought it would be unlikely for both to have gone as one was only a spare....are the keys easy to open i opened up the key to change the battery but not sure how to access the actual internals aparts from pulling them apart?

While pressing the unlock button and pressing the lock the 3 times like you have done, you have to press the lock button in quite quick succession. To put it in context, 1sec per press is too long.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

thanks for your replies i will try pressing it quicker and having a look again on sunday and come back with more clues fingers crossed something happens....is there another way of programming it otherwise using software etc or is that the only way

Back