remote central locking not working

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
any of you guys and gals came across this, a few weeks ago the central locking stopped working with the keyfob, i tried my spare and it was the same, i have had the batteries changed and it still doesn't work, when i unlock the door using the key it does open both doors, any ideas folks? is there an ariel that picks up the signal when i press the keyfob?

i've replaced the batteries in one fo the keyfobs, all the fuses are fine, i dunno where to go from here

i never had to do that the last time i changed the batteries

it stopped working afore i changed the batteries, i thought they had ran out thats why i changed them, but the batteries were fine

try recoding the fobs, if that dont work granted the cars a face lift on or after 2000 it could be the timer control unit

that one mate

Attachments

• IMAGE_134.jpg
    IMAGE_134.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 329
1, turn the ignition to on and off 5 times, then leave ignition off but key in barrel still
2, hazards should flash to show coding sequence started
3, hold black button and press red button 3 times
4, hazards should flash to indicate fob coded
5, do same as step 3, to second keyfob
6, hazards should flash to indicate fob coded
7, turn ignition on
8, hazards should flash to show coding sequence completed
9, test both key fobs

you might need to close all the doors and be inside it when doing it as sometimes it wont start the coding sequence,

also you might need to turn the ignition on and off 6 times, i cant remember if its 5 or 6 its a second nature to me so i just do it and not count lol

dont start it just turn the ignition so the lights come up and then turn the key completely off do this 5 times quickly to enter it,

the indicators will flash in the cluster to indicate the programming has started

ive got a feeling only new nissans have the 6 times and all old ones was 5 times on and off

fordy, if you weren't a bloke or so far away from me i'd come kiss you, i got one of the keys working, i couldn't get the other one going but i'll try later

thanks for the help dude

fordy, if you weren't a bloke or so far away from me i'd come kiss you, i got one of the keys working, i couldn't get the other one going but i'll try later

thanks for the help dude

check the battery is the same way round as the working keyfob, glad i could help

thanks for the help dude

did you code both fobs one after the other or did you turn ignition on after first, then repeat whole presedure again for the second?
you need to do both fobs before turning on the ignition.

Hello,

I've got a similar problem with mine, same remote as the one you pictured, on a 99T 1.3 Inspiration. Only bought it the other day, but the remote didn't work. I've put new batteries in and tried the coding sequence (indicators flash so it's getting to the coding sequence) but nothing happens after I press the remote buttons.

So, I presumed the remote was dead and bought a 2nd hand one off eBay which is tested and working. That doesn't work either, with the new batteries.

Where's the next place to look?

Thanks,
Jon

did you make sure the frequency was correct for the micra on the new remote. some people who sell em om ebay don't have a clue. it should say 433.92 MHZ on the label on the back of the remote to work on a micra.

No, the old one doesn't have any info on it, didn't realise they were different ones. The new ones say 418MHz... guess I'll try and send them back. Thanks, Jon

Back