Camshaft question

I remember seeing a while ago the whole 1.3 camshafts into a 1.0. I tried to find the thread but no luck. Could osme one clarify is it worth it? If so where can I acquire a pair 1.3 cam shafts. I have a friend who is a mechanic so no labour charges... So could be a good cheap mod?

Cheers guys.

Pipercams do a camshaft kit for a Nissan Micra 1.3 ...... if you're concerned about it, email them and send them your old cams and they'll do a reprofile of them for the same price. Anyone ever changed or removed a camshaft before? If so, is it difficult to do and could you give me some instructions? Thanks :)

Pipercams do a camshaft kit for a Nissan Micra 1.3 ...... if you're concerned about it, email them and send them your old cams and they'll do a reprofile of them for the same price. Anyone ever changed or removed a camshaft before? If so, is it difficult to do and could you give me some instructions? Thanks :)
1.3 cams are a direct fit and fairly cheap.

Pipercams might need to be reshimmed and certainly are not cheap!

what's it like getting them out? And is it worth taking them to a garage and getting them to do it for me?

And hello! :)

Its not too bad fella, i normally....

Rockercover off
Undo the cam sprockets & ziptie the timing chain up so the timing stays in the right place
Undo the cam shaft clamps in order
Camshaft should pop out with a little jiggling
Other cams in (shimmed etc)
Clamps back on in order & torqued up
Sprockets on
Reseal the cover & bolt / attach everything back up

Back