camber

what are people doing about camber when using lowering springs? Do camber kits exist? Anyone have any ghetto solutions? One thing I like about the my micra is the rate of tire wear. So if I can't keep this I will stick with the rusty oem springs I have now.

what are people doing about camber when using lowering springs? Do camber kits exist? Anyone have any ghetto solutions? One thing I like about the my micra is the rate of tire wear. So if I can't keep this I will stick with the rusty oem springs I have now.

your camber will change only a tiny amount when lowering, if you want some negative on the front (and a lot less understeer) you could slot the upper mounting hole with a drill ( lifting the hub upwards while the drill is running)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11948&stc=1&d=1234375103
i find that 1mm of slot is plenty :)

re slotting top mount

how does this work if the bottom bolt is fixed? can the top move independantly? or do you do both bolt holes 1mm?? sorry to be a fudge:blush:

cheers

how does this work if the bottom bolt is fixed? can the top move independantly? or do you do both bolt holes 1mm?? sorry to be a fudge:blush:

cheers

Because the lower ball joint,track rod end and cv joint will allow play,quite simple really:grinning:

has anyon done this? slotting the top mounts. does anyone know how to adjust the camber on a micra, front or rear? cheers, oli

yes oli, thats my ancient black and decker drill in the pic :blush: and it,s a very affective mod.
cambering the rear is more of a mission tho, it involves cut-n-shutting the rear axle :eek:

cheers frank, i can imagine the front improves the road holding greatly. not so fussed about the rears, though i have seen somewhere a picture of a march somewhere with awsome rear camber. lol.
when the top holes are sloted, will the pressure of the bolts, stop it slipping back into its a original position?

i,ve never had any problems oli, but a star washer each side would,nt go amiss eh :)
and yeh, it reduces the understeer

Back