ca18det

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
not the point sikK11. the point of doing it is he wants to do it.

the nissan exa gearbox supposedly fits in the micra and the original micra driveshafts will work with it so i don't see why you can't keep the ca18 attached when you move it all over. prob need to sort engine mounts.

i've thought about it.. there are plenty of tuning parts available for the ca18

CMF_Dos

» CMF Member
Why a ca18? Personally I think they are a terrible engine. If you are going to go the extra mile why not use an sr20 or even try and source an sr16...

My 2cents

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
ndxxx WROTE:

"ca18det would be perfect, there would be alot more work in an sr20, and there are alot more parts available for the ca.

hey brad call me and ill come give you a hand! :p

You have clearly never tried to source parts for a CA. They are becoming hard to find in good nick. I understand its what he wants to do etc but the cost would be high with custom mounts plumbing exhausts fuel ECU wiring etc. Massive job and after doing the SC ssetup on ours i would not do it again. This was a kit off a micra and it was still crazy expensive.

All in all i would not do it when there are better cheaper options out there.

BUt if you really wanna do it then yeah it can be done. Anything can be done if you have the time knowledge and money. Look at the guy that put the vq35 in a micra. Cost him in excess of 200,000 pounds so he says but hey i am sure at the end of the day he thinks its worth it.

Back