VE Conversion

CMF_danno88

» CMF Member
Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone one on this forum has successfully done an SR16VE or SR20VE conversion to there micra?

Im looking around everywhere trying to find someone that has cause i know it has been done.

I just want to know how much had to be modified. Obviously the engine mounts would need modification, custom CV's. anything else?

If anyone could point me in the right direction to a thread or someting it would be much appreciated.

thanks

danno88

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Micrat I think it was had at least got the engine mounts and stuff for doing it made up but don't know how far he got. If you look up SR16 on here you'll probably find the thread which involved selling up all the stuff. I think the engine mounts ended up on your side of australia (I believe micrat was from perth though). That was with an SR16VE Neo engine from memory. There's a few people in taiwan that have done it and can be seen on dynos on youtube if you're keen to look them up.

I wouldn't think that it's an overly simple conversion - to get an idea of what you need to do you might want to check out some of the SR20DE/DET threads over on the Micra.org.uk forums. Engine mounts, custom CVs and possibly electric water pump spring to mind, but I'm sure there's a whole bunch of niggly bits involved too.

Good luck mate :) Be sure to report back with all your progress.

---dens

CMF_danno88

» CMF Member
yeh there is a fair bit involved.

just got off the phone to a guy that has put an sr16ve into his. he said theh motor fits in there fine, no need to cut the chassis at all, no need for an electric water pump either. he did however need to mod the firewall a lil. he also got a smaller brake booster to make the plenumm fit a bit better and modded the crossmember. apart from that it sounds like its just the basics like custom mounts and cv shafts.

i also just thought you would need to convert your clutch pedal to hydraulic...

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
i'd like to see this done, i know of a guy in brisbane thats just purchased 4 brand spanking new SR20Ve motors ment for a premire? humm... its a FF van... cant remember name... but anyway...

they look like hot motors.

CMF_ve bitch

» CMF Member
danno88 WROTE:

"as far as i know he isnt on the forum. i asked if i could go have a looky at it but he declined, doesnt like ppl knowing what he's got haha<BR>

yeh i'm on the forum. no i don't like showing people my ****. cause next thing, everyones got it/done it, or it goes missing etc.. no offence, but i've put in the hard yards, and i'm not just gonna give it all away for free. you know the basics now.. it will fit.

xsoarerx WROTE:

"i'd like to see this done, i know of a guy in brisbane thats just purchased 4 brand spanking new SR20Ve motors ment for a premire? humm... its a FF van... cant remember name... but anyway...<BR><BR>they look like hot motors.

erin from jdm has them. he said they're nismo sr20ve's? anyone got pics.. didnt' even know they existed. to my knowledge theres just the sr16ve, sr16ve n1, sr20ve, and the sr20vet. no need to convert to a hydraulic clutch either.

btw. this has been done alot in england and taiwan... have a squiz their

Back