Buying 1995 K11 1.3 LX, opinions?

Hi,
I'm looking for a Micra since I want something small and fun to drive (soK11 1.3 is the right choice, right?). I've read all the general infos but since I'm from the continent and everybody has the "Buy a Golf/Buy a Skoda/Buy a Punto, because everything else is ****." attitude I want your opinions. Is the car in the pictures below worth it? Approx. 850£, 100K km, 1275cm³, 1995, LX. Owner says there is no rust (but the engine bay looks awful, doesn't it?) etc.
Should I buy it or is it just a money pit like everybody around me says it is? Also do you think this looks like 100K km Micra? How much more will I have to spend on it before it will be roadworthy?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 226
The price is too high even for a genuine verified provenance hundred thousand kilometres vehicle of that age with full traceable service invoices and annual inspection reports history paperwork audit trail.

What happened to the identifying number plates? Offered for sale without number plates it looks a very suspect ringer and best avoided.

The blacked out windows and white painted rims look like it has been messed about with by a young boy racer but not cared for enough to keep it clean inside and out, maintained and presented properly for sale?

Like fellow members have said the price seems very high but that might be because of where you live and Micra's could be rare there? All said and done the K11 Micra is a great all round car economical easy to maintain and if a good one very reliable and will last for many years but I am a bit biased I have 4 lol! B-)

I've paid mine EUR 1900 in Serbia.Year 2002, 1.4 petrol engine, 5 doors and almost in perfect condition. Also I've bought aluminium wheels and new tires and changed all 4 shock absorbers :)

I bit overpaid it, but the condition is awesome. So I'm very satisfied with my loving Micra :)

Last edited:
Back