Bunch of so-and-sos.

P

Pete.

Dammit, why do people have no respect for others' property any more?

First things first, I know its only a Micra, nearly as old as me, and in its current state of rusty spots and mismatched paint, worth about £25 and half a mouldy banana, but still, it does belong to me, and unless I know you and have encouraged it, I'd like people to not mess with it....
Pulled into work this morning, jumped out of the baby beast, went to get my toolbox and overalls out of the boot. Heard a hissing sound, looked down and spot a puncture. Must have happened just as I pulled into the car park, which is lucky. Also lucky, twas the tyre that I was going to swap when I got paid anyway, with it being a midgey's off the legal limit.
No great shakes, upon spotting it, I just shrugged, and set to making a cuppa... all I have to do is whip the wheel off, stick the spare on (well easy when you work in a garage, windy guns and all :p), pootle down to the tyre lads down the road, £18 for one to keep me going.

Only when I parked outside the tyre place, ready for them to do my tyre, and since I was enjoying the rather clement weather, I stood outside. I looked down at the front of my car, and lo and behold, there's a massive scrape/ gouge mark down it.
I know I've not done it - I think I'd notice hitting something that's put a big 8x4 inch scrape on my front corner. This means one of two things - someone's caught it with a car, or a wildly out of control shopping trolley, and gone "oh, its only a heap of Micra, I won't bother leaving even a 'sorry' note"... or some little chor has decided to take a bladed tool (anything up to and including an axe) to it, in the latest round of the ASBO Olympics.

As I say, I'm not too bothered on a material, the paint and body work is one of many things that I intend to sort over a while... just the fact that someone could either do that to someone's motor either deliberately, or by accident without saying sorry... makes me sick, to be honest.

Bunch of so-and-sos.

:glare: Indeed.

My cars got a couple of gouges out of its bumper... one at the back where my sister scraped our driveway wall, and one where I sliiiightly misjudged a car parking space o_O Guess the K10 bumper is just soft. :glance:

That's always the way Pete. People haven't got the balls to admit when they're wrong. Like you say, it might be "just a micra" but it's your ride for going from A to B and that you'd also like to drive your car without bits hanging off it.

Our micra got broken into last week for the 5th time, so we decided it was time to get an imobilizer and alarm for it. It cost £180 inc fitting but the car is worth it. So hopefully this may deter whoever wants to have a go. I wanted to connect the car to the mains but not allowed apparently........:laugh:

Poole is ok for Tourists, they don't have to stay long :)

Yeah, at the mo, i don't keep anything valuable in the car, and its just a workhorse. But after I crack on with the intended doing up, I'm going to defo get an immobiliser, or at the least a battery cutoff. And I'll hide it out of sight too...

Back