****SOS partially faulty rear lights*****

V

vaj3000

MIcra celebration 2000.

My rear lights work partially both the rear brake lights work but nothin else have checked the fusebox and replaced a blown fuse i found. Have checked the bulbs for one of the lights and they seem fine.
has anybody got any ideas please or some sort of diagram for the fusebox or any idea. I'd expect one light to go but both at the same time? i thought it might be more likely to be fuse or wiring???

would be greatfull for ideas

the contacts could be faulty, make sure they far enoguh forward to make full contact with your bulbs. Also the bulb holdesrs, iirc they are made of two plastic pieces sandiched together, sometimes the sanwich can come aprt leaving the bulb away from the connecter, make sure its all pushed together nice and tightly, other than that, replace all the bulbs, one of the filament sin the dual filaments might have gone?

Got the same car mate, and also the same prob. When one light goes, all off them go. Make sure that its the right ones that your putting in tho, not to high.

RE: RE: ****SOS partially faulty rear lights*****

Titch58 said:
Got the same car mate, and also the same prob. When one light goes, all off them go. Make sure that its the right ones that your putting in tho, not to high.

Right ones what u mean? If u mean the fuses i just got couple of 20amp fuses and stuck em in....had a couple of fuses missin bec dad took em out and didnt have time to replacve as he went abroad so i just got couple of fuses and stuck em in.. didnt have diagram or nowt. Thought if i stick in 20 amp which seemed to be most powerfull fuse cant go far wrong and anyway if did blow fuse would just replace it!

Back